75mm long Agate burnisher for $8 including postage

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Interesting, Brian,

Could be different transparencies have different friction characteristics, I find my steel burnisher very sticky, yet bone and agate smoother sliding? I am using Pictorico transparencies.

Rod

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
My burnisher is made from a carbide graver blank which was shaped and then highly polished. Took forever, but it's a fantastic burnisher that never dulls or gets scratched.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My burnisher is made from a carbide graver blank which was shaped and then highly polished. Took forever, but it's a fantastic burnisher that never dulls or gets scratched.

i've had a piece of carbide- .375" round rod- that i've been meaning to make into a burnisher for about 15 yrs, but every time i run across it, spend about 10 minutes shaping it, make virtually no apparent headway, and throw it back in the drawer. if i live long enough, it'll be awesome...

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Rod,

I am still using the legendary Epson transparencies. Bought a lifetime supply (and then some) back when I first found out that they were no longer produced.

My kind of work is very dependent on them and I wanted to make absolutely sure that food stays on my table.

After I'm gone, I'm sure you can expect to see the excess for sale...

B.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have some metal burnishers, but have had great results with mammoth ivory for use on transparencies. Just using them seem to keep them highly polished.

Sponsors