303 Lee Enfield Engraving

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Everyone, I have just taken over my Fathers 303 from my brother, Its a Family Inheritance, My Grandfather had it issued in the second world war.
I Was wondering how the Metal Engraves, as I think I want to Doll it up.
Any Idea on a good Book for Stock Checkering? it is already changed to a Sporting when my Dad Had it. But the Woodwork is Smooth.

A Little titbit: I saw on some Site, a Guy Mentioned that the 303 is no Good after 200Yard, Crap, My Father was a Bislee shot, and scored a 4" grouping at a 1000 yards with Open Sight!!:shock:

Any Outlines for engraving Available? Otherwise I will Trace My Own.:cool:

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Graham: I tried Ordering the book from this site, but batlling with PayPal payment, wont go thru. Overseas Order?
Hi Monk, I have a Full set of Checkering Tools Donated by a good Friend a couple years ago. just never used it. Now is the time. I Actually made a small shaft to fit my Lindsay Classic, and fitted the small groovers to it with a 0-80unf screw. works like a dream, Good Control when you get the the border lines.

vanknife

Elite Cafe Member
Good day Chris,
I have asked the same question about engraving a British 303 and up to know you got more answers than me. Ha ha, My 303 and 38 S&W is waiting to be scrolled up all over I just need to be at home to be able to do it. Unfortunately I can not travel with Gun parts that is a big NO NO

Regards

VAN

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Hi My Friend, When Are You Ever Coming Home? You Are Missed Here, I am going to give my 303 a Go, Just have to wait for the License to get approved? You Know how it is here now a days.
Stay Well, Hope to see You Soon.
Groetnis Ouboet!

Sponsors