2012 Fega Best Engraved Rifle and Handgun

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
I received some professional pics of these guns recently. So for those of you that were not able to attend the Reno show and see them in person, here are some better quality shots to view.

As a side note Jerry Huddleston was the winner of Best Engraved Shotgun.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
What a joy and treat to see it again, Brian. Fabulous work of a really high caliber!

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,
The pictures are great but not nearly as nice as seeing them in person! Both were awesome!!!!
Rex

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Roger, The rifle is a Sako L461 chambered in .17 rem. and sports a 1/2 octagon 1/2 round barrel. Dave Norin did the metal work, and Al Lofgren did the wood and coordinated the project. As far as the engraving goes, the fox is inlaid with 14k pink gold and platinum. The ornamental work is deep relief, carved and sculpted. Also the metal on the action was miserably HARD!

Thanks all for the kind words and for taking a look. Best regards. B.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is a fantastic job on that rifle Brian. When I saw that rifle it looked like the fox was more copper than pink or red gold. That fox looks nice that color. We don't live too far apart. I should come over and see you some time.

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
That is a fantastic job on that rifle Brian. When I saw that rifle it looked like the fox was more copper than pink or red gold. That fox looks nice that color. We don't live too far apart. I should come over and see you some time.

Hi Jerry, I noticed the same thing, I think the picture is a bit to saturated, in real life it is more pinkish in tone.

Thanks again all for the kind words. B.

Latest posts

Sponsors