1892 saddle ring carbine

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Should I remove the saddle ring the U shape holder appears to be press fit, or just work around it. Thanks

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Remove it Dave. Makes life a lot easier. Then replace it more than likely with a new one. They can be had fairly cheap.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marty,

I don't mean to hijack Dave's thread but since you answered him, I was wondering if all was well with you because of the flooding on Colorado. I saw that Estes Park got hit pretty badly and it made me think of Ben Lane. I hope all of our engraving friends are coming through the flooding intact.

Roger

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger
Fortunately I am OK here in Durango. Ben is no longer in Estes park having moved back to Texas. However the whole area up there is a total mess. My buddy Richard McKenney from Scheutzen Gun Company lives in Big Thompson Canyon and that is pretty much wiped out. His wife called me earlier in the week as she was airlifted out via Blackhawk Helicopter. Richard and a few other neighbors opted to stay and protect their properties. He is on high ground but the road above and below them is no longer there so who knows when she will hear from him again at this point. I have heard that Les Showe is ok where he is and is with Mike Dubber teaching this week in Emporia. I head out there on saturday. I'm not sure if there are any other guild or forum members in the area.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Marty
It Came off with a little leverage, even saved the U fitting, woohoo . Roger here in Colorado Springs some flooding and damage but nothing like the Big Thompson . Take care

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dave
What I did a while back on a 73 SRC was drill two tiny holes on the inside of the two studs where they meet the inside of the frame. I then inserted a little spring clip to hold it in place rather than bend it to hold it. This way i can always remove the stud any time I want to by mearly removing the spring clip. Best part is that knowbody can tell.......hhmm until now
Glad you're ok down there with all the fires and floods this year.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Dave, I love "92"s . I was wondering if you could post a step by step on what you do to prep this gun and maybe the finished product when you get it engraved. Sure would love to see it done.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
photo.jpg OK Silverchip
Here is a photo of the progress so far, polished the butt plate, top of the slide,bottom receiver & the receiver just removed the saddle ring and more elbow grease is required.

Latest posts

Sponsors