1860 Uberti Template

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Does anyone have a template for an 1860 or 1873 Winchester lever action made by Uberti?

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can make one of the Henry, and the FEGA how to book has the 73' in it. I assume you mean an accurate outline line drawing correct?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Do you guys use the scanner to obtain the outlines? Never thought about that. I was always working with paper and scotch tape to obtain an outline.
I should give it a try or not?

arnaud

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For flat pieces I have placed the piece on the scanner directly. For curved pieces I have done a smoke pull with tape. I place the tape on a white piece of paper which I then scan. I take the scanned smoke pull into photoshop and reverse the colors. Broken scanner really hurting my design process.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Any chance of posting them for reference in the outline files?

Bill

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Absolutely. I'm going to start tonight on some dead accurate drawings of all the surfaces. I need to figure out how to save them as a vector once I scan them. Any apps for a MAC that'll do that other than having to buy full blown illustrator?

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Watch that you keep your size constraints linked and don't change the physical scan size, even if you adjust resolution. This will keep the section size scan accurate to the firearm.

Nobody mentioned anything about scanning resolution yet so I figured I'd mention it. I scan at 300dpi resolution to get a 1:1 image which is the same size as the original. A good way to check this with your scanner and printer is to scan a ruler and then compare the print with the ruler. Some setups may require the dpi be tweaked a little bit.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think I'll just make the scan of my Henry for the OP as the 73' you posted is better than what I can do right now. In fact I just painted my 73' frame gray primer to scan it better. The 1860 Henry is brand new so I'll have to scan it then trace the outline on velum and re-scan that to post. Meanwhile I'll download that program and fool with it.

Latest posts

Sponsors