Announcement: 1 : 175,000,000 chance

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
If I win the $500,000,000 US in the Powerball lottery tonight... I'll spread the wealth around to the engravers on the forum. :biggrin:

Don't hold your breath though. It's a very slim chance of it happening. But, you know my heart is in the right place. :thumbsup:

Andrew Biggs

Neal........if you win the big one then you will have a couple of thousand of new best friends to help you spend it :)

Be warned.....the shopping list is a very long one.

Good luck

Cheers
Andrew

DakotaDocMartin

Neal........if you win the big one then you will have a couple of thousand of new best friends to help you spend it :)

Be warned.....the shopping list is a very long one.

Good luck

Cheers
Andrew

I can always make everyone work for it too! :) I'd be rich and able to commission some nice guns and such. Heck, I could even have our very own resident stone carver make something nifty.

For $2.00... you get to at least dream about such things. ;)

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
If I win the $500,000,000 US in the Powerball lottery tonight... :
It's $550,000,000. Why are you holding out on us, holding back on that other $50 million? Cheapskate!
I can always make everyone work for it too! :) I'd be rich and able to commission some nice guns and such. Heck, I could even have our very own resident stone carver make something nifty. ;)
Oh, I get it. Yes, for $50 mil I think I could come up with something nifty for you.

DakotaDocMartin

Yes, for $50 mil I think I could come up with something nifty for you.

That's what I was thinking too! Being I'm a Freemason... I think we'd be building a new home for the North Dakota Grand Lodge. You'd be carving friezes and columns for so long your great grand kids would have to finish it for you. :eek:

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For $2.00... you get to at least dream about such things.
I saved myself the mental anguish. I just took two dollar bills and flushed them down the toilet.

Take 175 million white marbles and put them in an Olympic sized swimming pool.
Blindfold yourself and have someone place a black marble anywhere in the pool.
Then have him lead you to the pool. Randomly select an area, reach your hand in and pull out one marble.
Take off your blindfold. Is the one you selected BLACK?

DakotaDocMartin

I saved myself the mental anguish. I just took two dollar bills and flushed them down the toilet.

But, one certain way to guarantee that you won't win is to not have a ticket. Sure, it's as remote as it can get. But, I personally know three people that were struck by lightning. What are those odds?

And, between my wife and I, we've actually won a lot of what could be called "major prizes" through the years. (No, one of them was NOT a lamp that looks like a lady's leg). Probably my best win was a fishing trip for 11 days on Christmas Island (Republic of Kiribati) with John Havlicek, former Boston Celtics and 1984 Hall Of Famer. That was valued at $10,000 back in 1990.

Somebody wins. Most lose of course.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, get to figure out how to spend half of half of it! By the time the various state, local and federal tax boys get though with it, you'll be lucky to be well off, let alone rich! (oh, but the money still has some good scrollwork on it!) (have to keep this engraving related!!!)

Latest posts

Sponsors