Engravers Notebook

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sorry, i don't do facebook or any of the other so-called social media.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
You are not the only one.

We just had a lesson on what can go wrong using social media a few days ago. Wasn't a good one.

This is about as "social" as I wanna get at the moment.

That may/will probably change someday soon, but if it does - what goes into my social stuff is gonna be VERY circumspect.

B.

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
No social media? Forums are also considered social media even though a lot of people deny it, but a forum is still social interaction between a select group of people. But forums are better suited for learning and discussions about subjects that bring a group of like minded people together. Facebook interaction is an uncontrolled mess of information not suited for learning something like engraving.

Facebook has caused the "death" of many a good forums. 2 of the most popular call making forums used to have a lot of activity everyday, with a lot of active members. Today the best of them is lucky to have one or two posts a week, where it used to be in the hundreds per week. Another of the same demise is the pipemakers forum, again Facebook is slowly causing it's demise. All of the hundreds of thousands of information might be lost to inactivity and the final closing of these forums.

So choose your activity on social media wisely, personally I will stay on the Cafe, where I know I got a lot of valid info. Enough preaching, have fun with whatever you choose.

JOEYS CARVED ART

Elite Cafe Member
I don't do facebook or any of that other stuff either. I am actually glad to see that I am not the only one on the planet that isn't on facebook.

Sponsors