Another way to grab a video ......with an IPhone

mrthe

After read the Arnaud's post about differents ways of capturing videos at work ,i have make a test with my Iphone,using just the zoom of the phone and a car mobile holder attached to my GRS Mounting adapter on my bench,this is the little setup

10378961_10203914916574024_1171375806338452037_n.jpg

la foto 1.jpg

la foto 3.jpg

la foto 5.jpg

la foto 4.jpg

This are some videos sample

Select the HD option from the youtube player to see it in his real resolution

[video=youtube;lIHNkKuNR1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIHNkKuNR1g[/video]

[video=youtube;OCYTxcbRU8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCYTxcbRU8U[/video]

I have to say that for make some quick short videos (or large ones) is a very good option ,the quality is very good and you can editing the videos adding text,and photos,directly with your Iphone / Ipad just using some free or cheap apps.

If you have an Apple TV you can use it to use your Iphone like a cam and view what you are engraving in your TV using the mirroring option,work very well.
Just an option more,and the result in not bad at all from my point of view

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Paolo for giving this a try. I have to agree the quality looks real great.
I will have to try this myself

arnaud

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Confucius says "anything that does everything does nothing very well" I know you have a app for that. I had a first shirt is SE Asia by the name of Ap Taylor born shooter, one of the best at 2000 meters but apt to be a pain in the As* Fred

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Great video and from a cell phone! Lots of possibilities here. Who would have dreamed we could do something like this. Thanks Paolo!

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
this looks very promising! do any of you techies know how long- minutes, hours- one could record at a reasonable resolution? is it possible to stream/transfer continuously to another computer or storage device to exceed the camera's capacity? what about simultaneously recording audio- like with the mike on the earbud cord?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paolo, what type of Iphone did you use?
A Iphone5S 64bit processor perhaps?
Just asking as I need a new iphone myself.

arnaud

mrthe

Mitch depending how much gigabites have your IPhone is you will can take and store an X numbers of videos, all the way you can connect your Iphone to your mac and save the videos in the software Iphoto , after that for example if you have take during your works 5/10/15/20 or more short or large videos you can paste and edit them with a software like IMovie that come with all the macs and is very easy to use, all the way ever is good when you record at high resolutions with a device like this don't record videos too large in this way will be more easy snd fast manage them with the transferring to a PC or to charge them to a editing software, when i have recorded my DVD i remember take 20/25 short clips of 4/6 minutes each .

mrthe

Arnaud i use the IPhone 5, waith a couple of month the IPhone 6 will be available soon and rumors say tgat will have a better camera and two sizes of screen 4,7 and 5 inches , that will be better thsn the 4" of the actual Iphone 5/5s

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sony z2 has a 20 megapixel camera and an expandable memory up to 128gb.
I have no actual experience with it. But am sorely tempted as it is time for me to replace my iPhone soon as well. Especially tempted by the expandable memory. You could fill up one card and pop another in without needing to download to computer.

mrthe

Sony z2 has a 20 megapixel camera and an expandable memory up to 128gb.
I have no actual experience with it. But am sorely tempted as it is time for me to replace my iPhone soon as well. Especially tempted by the expandable memory. You could fill up one card and pop another in without needing to download to computer.
Sony Z2 look great ,seem an interesting phone,but have the Android SO and i don't like it, personally i'm waiting the new Iphone 6......sorry but i'm an Apple Geek hehehe

Andrew Biggs

Damn, that's clever. Along with the recent light box Sam just opted a few days ago.

I remember the day when phones were used for making phone calls..........it's an age thing :)

Cheers
Andrew

mrthe

Andrew you are right, maybe it is wrong to keep calling these devices "phones", at the end can make calls is just an option more hehe

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Damn, that's clever. Along with the recent light box Sam just opted a few days ago.

I remember the day when phones were used for making phone calls..........it's an age thing :)

Cheers
Andrew

Yep Andrew, must be an age thing! I can remember party lines.....and it wasn't for partying!

Latest posts

Sponsors