Handle type "stationery knife" for engraving hammer & chisel

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
I know it's not fashionable but I wanted to show you my hammer chisels handles :hammer:, type "stationery knife" :chip: made of square tube 12 x 12 mm

The gravers are RSS lamellas 3 x 3 x 200 mm

draft :

(dimensions - in mm)

Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They are great Evgeni, normaly I would rather prever a piece of round steel en drill a hole in it on the lathe.
But the possibility of using longer gravers with this type is a much bigger advantage, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a very great idea evgeni.this allows one to greatly expand on the different geometries they have right at the bench

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
Evgeni,I Like your handles for H&C but I buy mine from Ngraver Co., H&C and bruin engraving is not dead in the U.S. I have students muzzleloader builder want to engrave in the traditional maner,thanks for sharing.:thumbsup: J.J.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Those graver handles have some neat features. Like the simple method of getting a square hole in the handle, as well as the ability to use long gravers and get the exact length you need. I can see making just the end section and adding it to a hollow wooden handle as well. Thanks for posting this.
Cheers
Don l

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Evgeni,
Great idea for the H&C handles, thank you.
Like you and the FN/Browning engravers, I much prefer a square handle.
With a square handle your hand can feel the graver upright or the degree of layover or flair without having to judge it by sight.
And when you pick the graver up you know exactly it's orientation.

Latest posts

Sponsors