Carving on SOG knife

en2siastic

Hello, I'm working on a SOG, so here are a few pictures of the birth of a leaf. Tools are one regular chisel, two flat chisels, one hammer, five different punches.
Best regards.
Francis.

Attachments

• Sog1_WEB.jpg
    Sog1_WEB.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Sog2_WEB.jpg
    Sog2_WEB.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Sog3_WEB.jpg
    Sog3_WEB.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Sog4_WEB.jpg
    Sog4_WEB.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Sog5_WEB.jpg
    Sog5_WEB.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 159

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Show us the tools. :D I tend to do my sculpting with liners. I don't know much about punches.

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice and elegant, Francis!!!! You would be the right man for a Liege sculpting tutorial:cool:
bien a vous!!

Andrew Biggs

Hi Francis

Thanks for that and beautifully done. I really enjoy the sculpting side of things as it can really add another dimension and texture to the work.

I'd be ineterested in seeing your punches, if possible. So far I've used a bevelling punch, corner punch (triangular) for really tight corners and a range of frosted round punches.

Cheers
Andrew

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Lovely sculpting, Francis. More engravers should do this style of work. Thanks for the excellent photo series. / Sam

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very good step by step illustration...... Look very carefully and closly, those who are interested. There are many good clues to techniques if you have good observation skills. Very good Frances!

en2siastic

Thank you to all of you for the comments; I still have to do all over again to obtain a better finish. Here are the tools, the punches are short but they work well between my little delicate fingers, lol.
Have a nice day.
Francis.

Attachments

• IMG_0853_WEB.jpg
    IMG_0853_WEB.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 52