US visit

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'd just like to ask if anyone on the forum is going to be attending any of the classes at GRS between the 14 and 23 May? I'm going to be in Emporia, Kansas between these dates primarily 'shadowing' Chris DeCamillis' bullino class on the first week and doing other stuff with the GRS guys and gals on the second.

Rex has already told me he's there running the other class and I know Lee will be there during my second week; but if anyone else reading this is going please introduce yourselves. It should be lot of fun!

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
hmmmmm and I have to go to Belgium during that time frame and was wondering about a layover in Merry Ole Englun and looking you up.... you really out to stay a week or two longer and hit Blade and my Bash!

You are welcome to pile up here as long as you like.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It will be great to meet you in person.:) Is there anything special you'd like from the East Coast? I'm driving out and could bring anything with me.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sounds like it will be a good time! I'll be across the hall agitating Chris's class and his students. I "owe" one to Chris!
:)
Actually, we do have fun giving a jab or two now and then. Marcus, we'll try to keep you from being caught in the middle.
I'll be peeking in his class from time to time as well. Chris does some amazing work.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marcus, Since my class is the second week and I am looking forward to seeing you again I am concerned that you may get kicked out of town before I get there. Limit your time with Rex and Chris and your odds goes up considerably that you will be around the second week.

James Wark

Marcus,

It would of been great to see you there, I have enjoyed all your posts and engravings. I had to cancel my class with Chris, It sure will be a long week at work knowing what I am missing. This sounds like it will be great class.

Tira, Wish I knew you where going, we could of car pooled. I am originally from Quakertown, now I am about 3 hours north. Maybe you are taking one of those engraved bikes?

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Marcus,
I'm looking forward to our meeting.
Regards,
Glenn

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well I'm certainly looking forward to meeting you guys in person too. Sod's Law dictates that when you're over here Scott, I'm going to be in the USA.....should've guessed! Unfortunately I can't stay over for the Blade Show (hopefully next year?) because I'll be back in October assisting my father at the GRS ,Grand Masters Program and I have to work sometime! Next time you're over this way Scott, let me know as it'd be good to see you. Your apres-show bash sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Tira, I'm looking forward to meeting you......you can bring a couple of Maine lobsters if you like. The seafood in Emporia is rubbish! They may not travel too well though...LOL

I'm looking forward to meeting you too Glenn. Please email me with any ideas you may have that way I can bring any necessary materials with me.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sorry I won't get to see you Marcus. I'm in Emporia now teaching a jewelry engraving class and will be leaving on Saturday. Abigail and I will see you and your father in October for Grandmasters, though. / ~Sam

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Marcus
I am looking forward to meeting you at the class. Have a safe trip over.

Sandy