New Book

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
New "old" Book

Hi all, I'm at the Tulsa Gun Show. While walking around looking for Ray I found an engraving book that is great. It is called "Firearms Engraving as Decorative Art". It is by Fredric A. Harris. ISBN # 0-9623996-0-4. It has great pictures of engravings as well as european stone work. The photos are in color and black and white. It also gives close ups of the firearms engraved so you can see the detail. If you have the chance check this little book out. It is hard bound with 156 pages. And the price was reasonable. It was published in 1989.

Last edited:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sandy you sound like a book freak also. I just got the Creative Art book from GRS. The bulino this book blew me away. I have never seen bulino done so precise. The closeups even look like photographs. It's not a cheap book at around $100 but wow what engravings.
Mike

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Degs it was listed on a suppliment I recieved from GRS I don't know if it's on the website. They have it.
Mike

Degs

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Mike, I'll drop them an email. The Creative Arts stuff is unbelievable.......!!!! been trying to track some of the books down for ages.
Degs

Andrew Biggs

Last edited:

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Mike, You are right. My wife told me last night if I bring one more book into the house.....well she has had enough. The library takes up three of the walls in the den and I'm working on the new book case for the 4th. I believe that a gunsmith without a book is like a room without a window.

Degs, Andrew has listed two great books. Here is another way to find the books on GRS; http://www.grstools.com/newmedia.html#022-843

This will take you right to all the books on their web sit. (I hope).