Old instructions for engraving inside rings

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
BTW, love the little adds for Simplex tools in the text. Always put your wares on display, otherwise no one will know you have them!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yeah, way cool stuff. thanks for doing this. now we know you use simplex, not grs. your secret will remain here.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks for.sharing this Sam. Did it come with the alphabet plate?

No, but it has a printed alphabet of engravers script attached to the inside of the bottom of the box. The metal plate and practice rings are missing. By the looks of the finish on the knob and the sides of the graver, it appears it's never been used.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would have given it a try if I not already developed my own inside ring lettering way of cutting.
Sure a treasure for you own museum Sam. :)

arnaud

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud, I reviewed your posted tip about inside ring engraving. It is helpful but the link to the picture at the end does not work. Any chance you could repost that picture? Thanks!

Really cool Sam, thanks for sharing that.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
insidering.jpg
Arnaud, I reviewed your posted tip about inside ring engraving. It is helpful but the link to the picture at the end does not work. Any chance you could repost that picture? Thanks!

Really cool Sam, thanks for sharing that.

David, after over 12 years I quit dealing with the dedicated server that hosted websites I developed for customers and myself.
A lot of photos I posted here were hosted on that server.
The good thing is that I do have a local copy on my HD and so I can re-upload the image folder and I will do so soon, it is only an extra costs of 120$
In the meanwhile here is the missing image

When I have the time I will also do a video on my way of inside lettering using only one flat graver.

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Arnaud! I printed this and will try some practice with a flat graver. A video would be awesome! Thanks again. ~David

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Great Arnaud! just had an old ring in for re-setting that had similar engraving & it looked perfectly fine.