Help, please: Scrolls again

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The finished work looks good, and I'm not one to be too critical, but it just BEGS for more! It seems to stop short, like it suddenly reached a budget crisis. I know it may be too late to add to it, but if more could be added to the small scrolls headed to the left, in my humble opinion, it would give the knife better balance. I struggle with these same design issues constantly and sometimes it takes some time between drawing the design and actually cutting to clear your mind and gain a different perspective of what you're thinking.

Bill

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Big-un,
Well you know there is just never enough time.
I have had four weeks of vacation "through a microscope" and work starts tomorrow.
But yes if I had the time, I would probably go with a fully engraved knife.
Thanks
Mike

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Here at the ICCE show in KC.
This knife won the best art knife award.
Thought it might be fun to share since you have followed this thread and gave me some good pointers while I was making it.
IMG_5084.jpg
The best

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks guys!
It is Sunday and the last show day.
GRS is here and Sam A. is demonstrating. Barry Lee is also here promoting the engravers guild.
It has been a good show, lots of people. It's a well attended show.
The best

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
And I got to go to the show on Friday and see the knife in person - as usual, it looks even better that way!

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Humm,? I which I knew who you were.
Lots of names and people, next time you have to point your name out to me so I can connect you to this forum.
I will hopefully see you there next year then.
The best

Sponsors