Question: Cafe Interview with .........

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steve, Ken, And Sam in no particular order, would be wonderful to read. My request for starting this thread.

Saludos,
Carlos

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
<"The administrator is prohibited from interviews">

Mainly, 'cause the administrator makes up the rules whenever he feels like he needs one...

Brian

Indeed! In the Rules it says the Administrator can make up rules as he sees fit :cool:

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
How about an up and coming talent? Danigirl, Carlos or others.... might be an interesting take.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think the horizon awards is a great idea. Newer, younger, emerging artists can use all the positive exposure they can get.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Indeed! In the Rules it says the Administrator can make up rules as he sees fit
Rule #1 The Boss is always right.
Rule #2 If the Boss is wrong, see Rule #1.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
well, Sam, judging by the number of likes under these posts, Kate Upton is still leading by a fair margin. you better get on that, she might have a tight schedule...

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
well, Sam, judging by the number of likes under these posts, Kate Upton is still leading by a fair margin. you better get on that, she might have a tight schedule...

Most definitely a thorough interview required there..preferably both sides.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
she and i had candlelight dinner at burger king last night. then my old lady had to ruin everything, she awakened me and demanded that i go to bed ! kate was even going to pick up the tab.

James

would love an in depth interview with Brian Marshall. Master engraver and jeweler, teacher, keeps out of the limelight. I know he has had a fascinating life ( and an opinion about everything!) a bit of genius in his mastery of so many diverse arts. And he can sharpen a graver with a potato !

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
James, the "SECRET" to potato sharpening is to lubricate the graver with spit before inserting it into the potato. :biggrin:

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I would put up some of my own teachers through the years for consideration.

Sadly, a few are no longer around to be interviewed... and a great many were metalsmiths, not engravers.

But John Barraclough, Sam Welch, and Eric Gold are still among us.

If there are pretty standard interview questions and they are amenable to being "interviewed" - maybe some of these newer suggestions could be done in batches in advance - and then trickled out at rate of one a month or so? Set up an advance list of a dozen or so?

Brian

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors