owls

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Once again thank you everyone for looking and for the nice comments.

Bryce. I usually leave the shadow area steel and inlay around it. Then cut the steel part out. I've also gone and done shading in the inlay metal but cutting big pieces out of the inlayed metal can be problematic.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I usually leave the shadow area steel and inlay around it. Then cut the steel part out. I've also gone and done shading in the inlay metal but cutting big pieces out of the inlayed metal can be problematic.

i was looking for your reply to Bryce, wondering that myself. to the fullest extent possible, i always plan on the shadows ahead of time and leave them un-inlaid. i figure no point in inlaying any more metal than necessary, if i'm only going to cut some back out. absolutely stunning work, Jeff. the idea of doing that layout makes my head hurt...

Last edited:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
By golly, Jeff,

You have been running with the big dogs for a while, with your excellent knives, all of them winners. The nice comments are very well deserved, yet these knives posted today really raise the bar!

The combination of excellent tiny bulino with inlay, set in a pattern of commanding geometry leaves nowhere to hide. i am quite in awe of how perfect everything is, at twice full size. I love the subtle depth impression created with the dark cuts on one side of your repeating elements.

Artistry and precision, in equal measure. I like that!

Best wishes!

Rod

ETHELBERT

Elite Cafe Member
love your type of scrolls on this,, beautiful! and of course everything else is stunning also. thanks for the post

Latest posts

Sponsors