shameless post...

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nothing shameless about that one JC. I like the old print look it has. I especially like the background behind the eagle.

Looks like it belongs on an antique stamp or banknote of some sort.

Nice work.

Ray

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
You did a beautiful job of cutting that titanium. I like the lined background too. As Ray said, it looks like the ruling on a old stamp.

Can you find out what alloy it is? CP's pretty easy to cut, but I've encounter some really stubborn titanium that I wouldn't want to touch again. ~Sam

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
I thought at first it was the background that i liked so much, but after i took a second look i like everything you did..it,s a beautuful piece of work..

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
j c .. boy i wouldnt be ashmed of that i think it is great ,just fantastic work and thanks for posting your work .. ron p.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was looking at that background too. The horizontal curvy, deep, shallow, deep, shallow cuts along with the more consistent depth more vertical cuts somehow seem to give it a wavy look. I'm trying to figure out how that works. That whole thing sure does look AMERICAN doesn't it?!

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is beautiful. It looks nice now but it would be a shame not to finish it, if you have more to offer to it. Maybe on your next free weekend:)
Mike

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Exquisite work J.C. It does appear in the style that should adorn currency of some nature.

Peter

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Love that wavy background,

maybe it's because I have been playing in the waves down in here Florida the last few days.

Last edited:

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Are you using carbide or high speed gravers to cut this material?

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sweet! I love it! I'm trying to learn and trying to look at as much engraving as possible to figure out which direction I want to go in. Keep up the good work. Dwayne