My latest bracelet

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Sterling Silver, 16GA, with 1mm thick Gold flowers. Pave' set 7 .02ct diamonds in the center flower. Engraved in Western Bright cut, but I did the shading in single point instead of a liner...don't know why, seemed like a good thing at the time. Doesn't really show, but the bracelet is a spur shank shape. spur bracelet with gold.jpg

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks great, could you tell what you charge for a bracelet like that? Some have interests in my Ti bracelets and sure I know how much I would charge for my last one, but still that is quite expensive. thing is over here no one know much about hand relief single point engraving.
But as those who I did show some of my latest ones contacted me I will go for it.
arnaud

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like the bracelet. Can you help me understand how it is like a spur shank?

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks great, could you tell what you charge for a bracelet like that? Some have interests in my Ti bracelets and sure I know how much I would charge for my last one, but still that is quite expensive. thing is over here no one know much about hand relief single point engraving.
But as those who I did show some of my latest ones contacted me I will go for it.
arnaud

I'm sure it's a stupid question.. But what is single point engraving?
Actually. What might be slightly less silly (unless there is an answer) .. Is there a multi point engraving?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't know all technical terms in English, even less In Dutch Anyway I thought "single point relief " is the correct term in English. Why it is single point; perpaps a flat has two points, and ther is also a graver called "liner"'that can be used for shading too and is able to cut several lines at the time. Perhaps someone else can make any corrections on my use of language.

arnaud

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm sure it's a stupid question.. But what is single point engraving?
Actually. What might be slightly less silly (unless there is an answer) .. Is there a multi point engraving?

single point is simply doing the shading one line at a time with a graver having a single sharp point. in Western style silver engraving, the use of "liners" -or line gravers- for shading is very common. this type of graver cuts multiple lines in a single pass. they come in a wide variety of sizes/widths/line or groove numbers and also in straight, curved, & rounded configurations. see: http://www.progresstool.com/cat_ec_muller_line.cfm

so, yes, there is such a thing as "multi-point' engraving.

mrthe

Very nice bracelet!
Heare in Spain i can't find the loners anyone know where buy it in europe?

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
This is a scan I did of the bracelet before it was bent, and the diamonds subsequently set. I called it a 'spur shank' because the shape is like a spur.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 71

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Is the gold soldered on? Any issues when bending?

Yes, the gold is hard soldered on. I have a GRS bracelet Bender that starts the job...it just needs to be done in several passes to avoid deforming. The center, with the gold, is kept fairly flat, just a small amount of arc to it, and the rest of the bracelet accomodates most of the bend.