Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the link , Hora :thumbsup:
.....tonight will not be sleep .....

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hora,

Thanks for this link!

It is vast, and very interesting.

Not sure if I will cross over to the Continent this year, but I will stay in touch.

best

Rod

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the link, but I don't think he's a collector per se because he has my work in an album with my logo banner from my website, I find that interesting. So maybe he's doing a data base site? Anyway a lot of nice work, guess where I know I'll be for a while, lol.
Mark

martinr

The collection is a collection of photographs the guy has lifted from the internet, some of my photos of my knives are in there and he doesn't bother to get permission. He has lifted some of SharpByCoop photos and cropped off the banner with Jims name. I advised Coop and he was ****ed. I consider it theft.

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
I know what you mean about feeling ripped off but he at least gave the website link and name but still lifted without permission. It may very well be more exposure and isn't that the reason I put everything on the web, a firm yes. So at this point I think it was in poor taste but the fellow may only have good intentions for his collection and for that I would thank him for his interest.
Mark

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have collected quit a large collection of engraving illustrations that I have collected over the years from many sources. I had considered copying the digital files to CD with a shareware screen saver program and sharing it free at Scott's Engrave-In. After the discussions on this forum about copyright and intellectual property rights and attitudes about sharing without permission in the past I decided that even though many have also collected some of the same illustrations (in part at least) that it would be inappropriate. Fred