I'm back

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
After almost a month away from the forum and engraving, I'm back and hope to pick up where I left off. My mother was in the hospital with a recurrance of her cancer and died April 28th. My brother preached at his small mission the day after her death and gave the best sermon I have ever heard on suffering and why God allows it, especially to His own. Then he spoke at her funeral, along with Mom's pastor, and was even more impressive, telling how Mom's life impacted every one she met, even going half way around the world to those she met in Guam and Saipan while visiting him at his church and school on those islands. Any way, I'm back and will be doing more at the bench than before. The past two years have been tough with constant travelling and worrying.

Bill

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I am truely sorry for your loss my friend but I am happy that you are back, may your chips fall on happy feet.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Bill.
Sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom.
I glad she left you and others with so many happy memories.
Good to have you back in the Cafe now.
John B.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill,
Sorry for the loss of your mother but glad you got to spend the time with her. Sounded like a great lady.
Glad to have you back.
Rex

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Bill. Sorry to hear about your mother. Mine's 83 years old and is my hero. / ~Sam

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
my mother passed about 5 years ago at age 89, so i know your pain. many of us sometimes take too many things for granted, without a second thought. if you sat and pondered the totality of your mother and all that she was or is, it would surely burn out your brain. may we all remember this, as mothers' day is soon upon us. remember this great person as best you can.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill, sorry to hear, but as long as you retain, cling to, and act out those good things she taught you, she is alive, and your memories will always put a loving smile on your face..................It is a hard thing to go through however, I know. We are with you,
Ron S

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts at this time. She was truly one of the great ones and she will be missed. But I have the assurance I'll be with her once again when my time comes. Again, thank you all for your concerns.

Bill

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill,
My condolences to you & your family.
What an awsome testimony about your mom. Though she is gone her impact on the lives of others continues even now!
Thanks for sharing,

Weldon Lister