Relief for sore joints, tendonitis, carpel tunnel, etc

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
One of the guys in Abigail's band suffers from tendonitis and was elated to find relief with a topical cream call PENETREX. He was extremely excited to find something to stop the pain in his arm. I have a aching knee that bothers me so based on his recommendation I ordered some and I'm getting the same results he his. Rub in on, pain disappears. This is some amazing stuff. It works by penetrating the skin and relieving inflammation.

I know a lot of us engravers and jewelers have various aches and pains from years at the bench, so give this stuff a try and see how it works for you. I ordered mine from Amazon.com for $21.95 a jar.

Disclaimer: I'm not connected in any way with this product. It just works for me.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam
I have also had very good success with a product called "BLUE GOO". The only place I have found it is in Walmart. Cost is about $8. Other people I have mentioned it to have said they use it also and like it. It has Emu oil in it and a bunch of other stuff.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It works by penetrating the skin and relieving inflammation.

Actually, the way this and any other pain relieving ointment, rub, salve, or liniment works is by the phenomenon of "pain gating". The brain cannot sense two sources of pain from the same area at the same time. So, what these various cremes, etc. do is irritate the skin and cause pain to the skin which in effect cancels out both sources of pain. What you mainly feel is a warming (or cooling depending on the ingredients) of the skin and the perception that the pain is relieved.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
There's no sensation to the skin on this one, Doc. Somehow it penetrates and relieves inflammation.

Walter: You're certainly free to smoke it if you can! :shock:

beegee

Elite Cafe Member
Bee venom has been reported to be effective in treating arthritis, shingles, migraines, neuropathy, and a lot of other ills. No scientific proof, but look up apitherapy. I just came in from working my hives and have about 6-8 pleasantly warm feeling areas where i was stung.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wonder if it works for pain in the asses. If that's the cause I know quit a few people to send some to.

It's nice to hear of a cream that works. Sure do get some sore hands sometimes. Have to give it a try.

Latest posts

Sponsors