Pearl And wheat leaf With Sams Suggestions

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
i went back to the graver with this, i hope you like it better all. i took Sam's suggestion and bright cut the mains. i like the look a-lot better while it is subtle i appreciate the advice. i could only do so much without getting into my shading to much. but here it is again! the picture didnt come out quite as well so i hope you can still get a feel for it

The first picture is the re-cut version... sorry about the photo quality

Attachments

• frei 2.jpg
    frei 2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 113
  • frei 2.jpg
    frei 2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 111

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
This is what I had in mind. Of course this is black paint in photoshop but it'll give you the idea of the boldness of the cuts I'm referring to. Please don't screw up your pretty ring if you're not ready to cut with this depth. It's always best to practice first.

Keep up the good work :)

frei-fix.jpg

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
I wish the picture were better. that is essentially what i did to the piece, but with a very delicate pearl stopping me from being able to get the graver exactly where i wanted it i was forced to chose a happy medium. i am so great full for the advice, it truly did make a world of difference on the piece; i just wish the photo did it more justice. i am afraid on this piece i am going to have to say enough is enough though; i will just have to improve on my next piece. thanks again. it really has made me much happier with it. K Frei

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The ring is very well made. I agree with Sam making the cuts a bit more bold will give give more dimension. I would use a small flat start in the middle of the leaf, when cutting to the left start with the right tip of the graver in the center and lay the graver down a bit as you cut to the tip of the leaf. You can also get the same effect with a square graver whatever your more comfortable with.

Latest posts

Sponsors