Les Paul

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
LP American Master Series 6.jpg front edit.jpg LP American Master Series 2.JPG Here's a guitar I did some engraving on a couple years ago for Gibson Guitar. Since it was presented to Les Paul and it being his birthday today he would have been 96, I thought it appropriate to repost it. Les died the summer after it was presented to him. I think it was the last guitar presented to him by Gibson. I have some better pictures if anyone is interested.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice Mike! Something to be proud of.
Sorry we couldn't get together at NRA and I feel real stupid for not having a booth this year:
70,000 people wandered into the convention center and there was only one engraver, Larry Parker.
Maybe next year in ST. Louis, huh?
I'm planning on having a booth at the show.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I remember that beautiful engraved guitar, and it's nice to see it again. :happyvise: Thanks, Mike! :biggrin:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for to all for the kind words. Tomorrow when I get my other computer I'll post the the pictures of the actual pieces.
Brian sorry we couldn't touch base at the NRA convention. There sure was a lot of people and vendors there. That's the place to put a booth for sure. I'll bet they have it in Pittsburgh again in few years. I think they said the NRA has over a million members within a 4 hour drive from Pittsburgh.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's some better pictures of the pieces. This job was a rush job they only gave me a little over two weeks to complete.

rectangle back plate lowres.jpg round backplate lowres.jpg 6 keys cut lowres.jpg . pickguard3 lowres.jpg

Latest posts

Sponsors