Pearl and wheat leaf

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
I just thought that i would post this and see what some of you think, as i have not been on for a while. i just finished this ring up. while i know i have a long way to go in the engraving world i am quite proud of this piece so be gentle, honest, but gentle. thanks K Frei

Attachments

• frei 1.jpg
    frei 1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 175
  • frei 2.jpg
    frei 2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 138

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Difficult engraving surfaces around the top of the ring.
It's not bad but the first set of cuts you did should be wide and bright. As it is now it's a bit flat looking. I believe you'll be surprised on how much difference that would make.

Thanks for posting :)

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
I can see what you are saying, I chose not too because I was worried about making the piece too busy. I guess I was wrong

Sam

Staff member
Remember that when engraving jewelry in this style, sparkle is the name of the game. Try it on a practice piece and see how you like it. It'll give it much more depth and dimension with the play of light on the brightcuts. :chip:

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
So do you think it would be wise to go back in, and try to place more in those cuts? Or might I be bighting off more Than I should

Sam

Staff member
If it were me I would go back and brightcut the main cuts, not the shading. If you have the control and confidence to do so then go for it. If not, then practice first then do it on the next job.

Latest posts

Sponsors