Help, please: GRS GRaverMax Foot Pedal not working

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Hi everyone

I have a friend that is having problems with his foot pedal on a GRS Graver max machine. I stopped by his shop today and he cannot get his pedal to work. all is attached properly, 30 lbs of air is showing, green light is lit on front of machine. When he presses on the pedal nothing happens. Has anyone had a problem like this. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Bill Rice

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Go eat dinner, watch Mythbusters on TV and call GRS tech support in the morning. They will walk and talk you through any and all problems the fastest and easiest. Otherwise you will be spending all night long chasing notions.

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Rex

Yes we already called GRS and their solution was to pack it up and ship to them. I was just hoping that someone might have had a solution before we did that. The down time is the worst part of it.

Thanks for your time.

PS I have a package to send you. could you give me an shipping address.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Bill-
Rex is right about letting GRS tech troubleshoot it, but in the meantime... There's not a lot that can go really wrong with the pedal/throttle itself, but one longshot possibility is the bleed valve set screw has come loose and the valve has rotated on its shaft and/or doesn't rotate when you depress the pedal. flip the pedal over and check to see if that setscrew in the black plastic cylinder is still tight. another remote possibility is that it's so full of crud that it's clogged (they get dirty, but rarely THAT bad).

personally, i suspect something other than the pedal itself and what you're perceiving as a throttle problem is actually an internal issue. my first guess would be a stalled/locked up rotary valve, which is usually the result of using a dirty/oily air supply, or something simple like a broken rubber band in the coupling that isolates the motor from the valve.

ok, i just read your next post about GRS wanting you to send it in. if you'd like to give me a call in the morning and i'll give it a shot over the phone before you go to the trouble, send me a PM and we can make arrangements. i've owned these things for years and do all my own maintenance, repair, etc. it might something easy that will save your friend time & $. let me know...

Last edited:

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Mitch

I appreciate this Information. I will pass it on to my friend. You will probably get a call from him and I will let you two go over this problem. I love the engraving community. When ever I've had a question I don't think I have never received great feed back and help.

Thank you all for helping

Bill