Donations

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
In '04 Jerry Fisher provided this bottom metal and I engraved it and we donated it to the Reno show auction. I had forgotten about it until the completed rifle arrived for additional scroll work. I guess what goes around comes around after all.

Attachments

• Elk fp donation-e.jpg
    Elk fp donation-e.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 226

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
I am a big fan of your work Sam. It is so pleasing to the eye. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Stewart

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Mr. Sam,
Will you share the rest of the gun? As it is being done?:rolleyes: I hope I hope.:thumbsup:
Sandy

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, your work is always a joy to look at. Well done my friend.

Andrew Biggs

Hey Sam

That looks like classic Sam Welch engraving to me!!!!! Wonderful!!!!

Good engraving on good guns is like a fine cheese.....................it takes time to mature :)

Cheers
Andrew

SamW

Thanks guys! Andrew, I do love cheese...much to the dislike of my doc. Evgeni, I have been meaning to add my compliments on your beautiful stock work. My meager carvings many years ago are what led to my involvement with engraving. Best to you all. S

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Sam
Hi Sam
Haven't had much time for wonders with everything going on around here. I just got back from the east coast where my youngest son Eric just got married. Also trying to take care of FEGA business which is a challenge as you well know. Hopefully will have some time now that spring is here to do some ATV riding in the mountais and your neck of the woods.
But I do have a very interesting project to start next week which will be a lot of fun. It is a two barreled Sharps rifle that is completely hand machined using many of the Freund Brothers patents. I plan on having it to show out in Reno this coming January along with the man who builds these.

AndrosCreations

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, that is beautiful. I'm glad I could see your avatar and place a face with a familiar and well known name... I'm also admiring Christopher M's avatar seen above. :cool:

SamW

Ed, it has been quite a while since we have corresponded. Hope all is well with you and yours. Thanks for the comment. What are you doing these days to sort of stay out of trouble? You ready for another hurricane season?

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam
Here is a photo of the unfinished Sharps action. It has some intersting contours and I love the hammer. I have to engrave a moose/grizzly bear theme on it.

You coming to Durango with your car for the car show this summer?

freund-4-web.jpg

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marty, I think Bullwinkle and Yogi would look terrific and you are just the man for the job. Great project. I will be a treat to see it at Reno.

SamW

That is a great canvas Marty. Don't let Lee talk you into something too difficult. Andy, glad you like the avatar. I will save the closeup until late October.

Now, Chris, I understand the "time flies" bit. My correction to Einstein's theory of relativity is that time itself is accellerating and offer as proof the fact that my son reached the age of 21 much faster than I did. Now that he is 46 I am working on the warp drive theory.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, that's funny. The exception is when a person finds himself in a cast, then times slows down.

Sponsors