A couple of Hobos

Harpuahound

Elite Cafe Member
Here are my 2nd and 3rd attempts at carving a nickel. I did not stand on formality, but took a fun and quick approach to carving these. I hope you enjoy, I know I did.:)

Attachments

• Hobo 2 sized and cropped.jpg
    Hobo 2 sized and cropped.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 3 hobo bright ready.jpg
    3 hobo bright ready.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 162

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member
I like your fearless approach to making something different. The one on the left made me laugh, it hit me funny. I also like your background cuts, they make the image pop out, and they add to the humor of the piece. These nickels are like cartoons.

Keep up the good work. And try to keep it fun.

Tom

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
I definitely like the first one, the cuts really enhance this one, but Tom's " fearless " comment really describes your style. Reminds me of Picasso as well, someone else who thought to be different. We do need different drummers after all.

coincutter

Elite Cafe Member
As I told you on Ebay - Welcome aboard. Your carvings are well recieved. You have a style that is not the same old stuff. Go with it, have fun with it. I like it. It's fresh and fun.

Picasso Yes! Bravo. Keep Cutting.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i guess you've fractured a rule or 2 . but i think the results kind of exonerate you ! i think the one on the left is fantastic.

nickels and knives

Johnny S. I really love your style, someday soon I would like to talk to you about maybe cutting one of those on a really old folding knife pattern that I make, that face would look right at home on an old Sleeveboard Jack or an old remington pattern. This is the most fitting face that I have seen so far for an old antique pattern from 1917 on to about the 40's, lets talk later after the blade and guild shows this year.

Jack Davenport

Sponsors