Better late than never."The Engraver" magazine

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I finally received the latest "Engraver" which is a tad late thanks to a major earthquake in NZ. Once again Andrew and all of the contributors did a fantastic job for us. Great articles and amazing photos of our members works.
Lee, if Germany had your Mauser pistol they could have won the war.
KUDOS to everyone

:clapping::happyvise:

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Which Issue is due? I only joined a few weeks ago, and received Jan/Feb/Mar issue straight away.
Should I be anticipating Apr/May/Jun landing on my doorstep??? :shock: :cool:

Jo

Andrew Biggs

Hi Jo

Yip, you are correct, you will be receiving the April/May/June issue any day now...................and the July/Aug/Sept issue in July sometime as I'm working on that right now.

Hopefully no more earthquakes to disrupt things............the rapture had me worried but I was one of the lucky many that managaed to stay behind :)

Cheers
Andrew

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
the rapture had me worried but I was one of the lucky many that managaed to stay behind :)

Andrew Biggs

One thing about the current issue that is circulating, and I would like to draw your attention to................. is the article on page 7 about the show categories changing for next years show. This is a big change/addition for the show and is designed to better reflect a broader section of work that the members engrave.

I would encourage all members to read it carefully and think about having a table. If you have any doubts about what category you would fall into then contact a BOD member so we can discuss it.

Cheers
Andrew

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes Andrew, I caught the reference to the different categories, so I guess I would like to ask more specific questions about what the requirements are for each and why the sudden change?

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My thanks to everyone who contributed to issue #90 and especially to Chris Malouf and Hora S. for their articles about the FEGA/ACGG show. You guys really described the spirit and activities of the event for those who have never been and brought it all back for those of us who were there.

Mark Hoechst's article on how he designed and engraved the unique "Hornet" gun is excellent and Fred Bowen's article about his English scroll engraving on the single shot rifle really shows Fred's skill for classic gun engraving.

Thanks,

Roger

Last edited:

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
You're way too generous as I'm just reporting the facts Roger. :)

There is a correction with respect to my article on page (lucky) 13. The Smith & Wesson is John Barraclough's and not that of Rachel Wells. It was my intention to show Rachel's S&W 50 cal. hand cannon and I simply mixed up the photos. Both pieces were beautifully done with extensive coverage. My apologies to those involved and to the readers. Andrew will be making a correction in the next issue. If anyone has Rachel's CURRENT e-mail address (the address on the FEGA site is bouncing back), please be so kind as to forward it to me. Many thanks and hope all are well.

Last edited:

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
My issue finally arrived yesterday and I agree it is a great issue. I especially enjoyed the newbie stories of Chris and Hora. So glad they enjoyed their trip and that they learned so much. All the articles were most enjoyable.

About the photos...what I did in essence was throw a sheet over the items and push a button on a machine set to autopilot. It is what Andrew was able to get from them with photoshop that you see and he deserves the lions share of the credit.

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
I received my copy last week Monday. Thanks Andrew for the great work and time spent. Appreciated.:tiphat:
Thank you Sam en Roger for the complement on the story, I really enjoyed writing about the show. But just to be there, meet and talk to you all engraving legends was even better.

At the moment I am in Tuscany with Melanka enjoying some relief from the project at work. Next week Friday I will be visiting the Beretta factory and its engravers in Italy. This was organized for me by Peter Horn, vice president of Beretta USA, whom I met on the show in Reno. So, the Reno show still continues for me. When I am allowed to make any pictures of my visit at Beretta's than I will post a link on the forum to show them.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Any of you who are, like me, wondering why your copy is running so late might want to check to see if, also like me, you forgot to renew. :eek::eek:

Problem taken care of and I'll probably have my issue waiting when I get back from the Engrave-In and BLADE. :banana:

Sponsors