A couple of new bracelets!

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
It's getting hard to post my work here, everybody else is producing such high quality engraving, and I'm still trying to make things at a lower price point. Hopefully my business will get legs and I can start charging more, taking more time and produce finer pieces.
A floral based loosely on a "spur" heel design, single point scroll down the sides, and the other is a "propeller" style with a Scottish Thistle center and a "Kells" style bird on each side". Thanks for looking, Will

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 177

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Don't be afraid to post your work. You do a very nice job. We all have engravers we are better than, and engravers we will never match. And we all like to look at engraving that is well executed, whether it is exibition grade or not.

:biggrin::thumbsup:;):tiphat:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
shameless self promotion-give every customer A LITTLE MORE THAN THEY PAY but everybody hase to pay. Your good church friend who woks in lawn acetpt nothing less thatn hou for ho. family only when they unfrstanding what there little itrmd is gooing to cost you in lost revenue and -need to finish this though whrn thr drugs are done with me Fred

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Will: Personally, I think spending more time on better quality designs will serve you well. It's easy to get yourself boxed into the low-end category if you're not careful. Crank out some really killer work, show your customers what you can do, and many will opt for the nicer engraving.

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Sam...you are right!!

Most of my better engraving is in custom wedding sets or the like. These two bracelets are more to get people to look, and of course I would do better to spend more time on layout etc. Its just that I have become the engraver that the other engravers send clients to, if they won't/can't do the job. I charge $40/hr either on the clock or estimated. The extra design will obviously raise the price, and it is the price that gets me work. I am first and foremost a jeweler, but one that engraves, and I sell 10x the amount of engraving in the $50-$150 range as I do the $500 range. I do have several very nice pieces that people look at, then request custom work, so I know what you are saying. These pieces are to pay the bills.
Here are 2 more that were custom jobs, an anodized fly rod butt cap, and a nickel money clip with a clipper ship. Both fun to do and helped pay the mortgage.

Attachments

• fly rod butt cap.jpg
    fly rod butt cap.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 50
  • clipper money clip.jpg
    clipper money clip.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 52

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Here's a wedding set I did recently. The lady designed here own filigree Claddaugh ring, I carved it in wax and cast it in 14K white gold. It is 7mm wide at the widest part. I then made a solid ring for him, and engraved the same design. Typical of my custom wedding sets, more Celtic than scroll, but have done some of those too. Don't always remember to get pics.

Attachments

• Michelle's Claddaugh.jpg
    Michelle's Claddaugh.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 47