Engraver's Script Instruction

arcangel6

Elite Cafe Member
Lessons in Engraver's script 5 of 9 by Edwin L. Brown (1869-1958)

arcangel6

Elite Cafe Member
Spencerian/Ornamental Capital Letters used with Engraver's Script Lowercase Letters

Hi,

A common technique used by past master script writers was using Spencerian/Ornamental capital letters along with Engraver's script lowercase letters such as is seen in the specimen penned by the great Louis Madarasz (1860-1910). Ornamental script is a further refined and embellished form of Spencerian script. Having said this I will now begin posting instructional exemplars from Earl A. Lupfer (1890-1974) and Parker Z. Bloser on Ornamental caps.

Regards,

Joe Vitolo

arcangel6

Elite Cafe Member
Lessons in Ornamental Capital Letters - A

This series of lessons were taken from 'Lesson in Ornamental Penmanship' by PZ Bloser of The Zanerian College (Copies written by EA Lupfer) Published 1948. Try these with your engraver.

:)

Joe Vitolo

CJ Tate

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you, Dr. Vitolo, for this information and the links. This is the way I was originally taught to cut script in when I went to engraving school back in the mid 70's. Even the exercises are close to the same. The beauty of script lettering, in all it's variations, is why I fell in love with engraving. After learning to cut I have been hooked for life. Thanks again. Candy

Latest posts

Sponsors