Ray's School

Recently, I spent a great week at Ray Cover's intermediate engraving course in Festus, MO (4/23 to 4/27).

Ray's teaching style is open and informative. He is personable and shares his techniques and methods openly with a genuine concern for each person.

The range of equipment available in Mr Cover's shop is extensive. Ray is knowledgeable and informative regarding all brands and styles of tooling and shares the source of each readily.

This class was incredibly empowering. I entered with a sense of "what I cannot do" and I left with a knowledge of "what I can do".

I highly recommend Ray's classes for anyone interested in moving their engraving skills to the next level.

Sincerely,
Gail Williams
Hand Engraver Williams Flutes,
Boston

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Gail, and welcome to the Cafe. Congratulations on your course with Ray. He's not lacking in talent and no doubt you absorbed a ton of info.

How about posting some photos of your flute engraving? I've never engraved one, and they look kind of tricky to work with.

Regards / Sam & Abigail

Hi Sam,
Hope you like my photos. I took the pictures through my scope with a lttle kodak digital camera.
These flutes I engraved last year. I haven't taken any new photos in sometime.
Engraving on a curve is hard at first. I have many practice tubes where the W.... keeps going.
Enjoy,
Gail Williams,
Boston

Attachments

• flute footjoint.jpg
    flute footjoint.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 97
  • flute 1111.jpg
    flute 1111.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 127
  • gold flute.jpg
    gold flute.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 90
  • pt footjoint.jpg
    pt footjoint.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 109

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks so much Gail,

I am glad you got what you needed out of the class. We had a good class that week. The whole group had a real good chemistry with one another and made it very enjoyable. Not only did we get some cutting done but we had a good time doing it.

Rachel told me to tell you Hi.

I still haven't seen pics of that new dog you picked up on the way home.:)

Keep cutting... remember a big part of all this is practice, practice and more practice.

Ray

Latest posts

Sponsors