Colt SA vintage style engraving

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's a Colt Storekeepers model with some extra mods & vintage style Colt engraving ala Helfricht. Hammer & chisel, wiggletooling, punched dot background & antique nickel plating (no black in the background). Did this one in '05.

Weldon

Attachments

• IMG_0447_edited.jpg
    IMG_0447_edited.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 290

Bill Tokyo

Nice!!

Really liked the job you did on this one.

Could you possibly upload a photo of the engravings on the screws? I'd like to take a closer look at them. It's something I think make be nice in watches also.

Bill

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon
What is this antigue nickle plating you are referring to? The pistol looks great and of the period.so does the finish.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nicely done Weldon. I particularly like the creature (a griffin?) on the hammer.

Peter

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill, I'll see if I can find a pic of the srews up close so you gat get a better look.
Marty, antique nickel is what I call a nickel finish that is subdued & somewhat milky in appearance as opposed to being bright and shiney like most nickel finishes we see today. The surface prep of the piece, the particular type of plating bath (in this case Watts Nickel) and the thickness of the plating are all factors that affect the final look of the plated finish. Hope that helps!
Peter, it is a stylized eagle on the hammer.
Thanks for the nice words guys!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the entire piece is just classy, but i like the recoil shield xtra special !

Latest posts

Sponsors