Announcement: THANKS and LIKE buttons for forum posts

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
They're down at the bottom of each post...give them a try. It's a nice feature on Facebook and now we have it here :) You should also be able to un-do a thanks or un-like if you click it accidentally. Give them a try and let me know if there are any problems.

Cheers / ~Sam

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
Good move. I'm active in another forum that uses a like button, and I got so used to it that I keep looking for it on every other forum. It both shows appreciation for a good post, and saves us from filling up bandwidth with "me too" or "+1" or "I agree" posts.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks Walter. It does serve a purpose for sure. I stay pretty busy and there are lots of posts I'd like to comment on if I had the time, so in my case I can click LIKE or THANKS and be on my way. We'll see if others adapt to it. It's a great feature on Facebook.

mrthe

It's a good tool to reduce flood posts in my large experience with this types of forums( vbulletin) people like very much this type of features like the reputation that is another interesting tool to promote the participation in the forum
Good choice and work Sam ;)

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Sam, question for you. My "notifications" link up top is telling me I have 4 thanks/like notifications, but when I click on it I get a message telling me I don't have permission to access it. So I can't seem to clear off those notifications and reset that to zero... Is that just a bug at the moment?

Thanks.

-Katherine

Latest posts

Sponsors