guitar pic

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Here's a simple guitar pic that i made recently..... I need to work on dot engraving...

Attachments

• nice nofx.jpg
    nice nofx.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 216
  • fat mike recrop.jpg
    fat mike recrop.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 213

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Jeff, that's killer. Yes, you need work on the bulino which you acknowledge. The rest is absolutely top shelf work. :beerchug:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jeff,

It is always a treat to open photos of your work.

Indeed it is a work of art, and beautifully attentive to detail!

I have never played with a steel flat pick, although I have played pedal steel, what's it like playing with a steel pick, and is this masterpiece strictly for show? Might it wear off your lovely art work if you started into using it?

best

Rod

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
I hope the owner of this pick doesnt actually play w it. the sides are inlayed in gold too and im not sure they would hold up to well.... but the guy is punk rock sooooooo.....

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jeff,

If the punk rocker owner really just, must, use that great pick once in a while, a wipe of superglue will add a hard, transparent layer of protection that would keep your splendid work intact?

Comes off easily with a wipe of acetone.

Can't wait to see your next creation ...

Rod

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
Great work !!

James_Ehlers

That's pretty righteous. Is that for a member of NOFX?! I used to listen to them!

As far as the figure, working from an image where there's a dramatic light source can help with modeling the form. One thing that I have my students do is draw like crazy and do studies from Durer and Goltzius. Here's link to a high res portrait by Durer. http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/engraver/FrederickSaxonyDurer.gif
Lots of great hatching to study in the image, but I'm not sure this would fall in the "bulino" category. I suppose it depends on what look you want. Thanks for posting that...looks like a good future project idea for my class next semester.

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
thnx james... yeah i really need to work on alot of elements in my engraving. the study of durer is always excellent, thnx for the link...

Sponsors