Critique Request Business card clip

TyG

Elite Cafe Member
This is a copper prototype of one of my pieces for the silver show in Sheridan next month, let me know what you think of the idea. Sorry about the picture quality.

Attachments

• 003 (4).jpg
    003 (4).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 002 (2).jpg
    002 (2).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 212

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It might be good engraving, but it's difficult to tell with blurry pics. C'mon! You do it! :)

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
That is a cool idea. Business card clip. Cool.:cool: :tiphat:
How did you form the clip?

Sandy

TyG

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, I will get some better pics up soon, only have 9 days til I fly out and have 2 more pieces to make to finish the set. I am doing a blued steel letter opener with Sterling handles, a desk business card stand as well as this piece, both in solid Sterling Silver.

I am doing my practice in copper before cutting my silver pieces.

Sandy, it was shaped over a piece of Ironbark timber I cut to the size of a business card and shaped it in a vice, I have a basic workshop and work on the principle of "get a bigger hammer".

I was more interested in the thoughts about the design of the card clip, my engraving will be better on the silver version (I hope).

Ty

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'd like to see better pics, too. From what I can see, it looks like your on your way.

Good luck with the silver, and show us those too.

As to the design, I am worried about the coners of the cards bending, but to have a sample of your engraving always with you has got to be a plus!!!

chrisp

If this device is to be carried in the pocket, then it has design flaws as mentioned above. How do you envisage it being used as we may have overlooked something?

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Eric, if it was a bikini it would have to be a VERY HIGH rise thing..haha. Reminds me of a cell phone carrying case.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I wonder where Eric 's mind is ?!?!?!!?!?!?

Despite the focus, Ty, it looks like a good design!

Yes, Dave, but Eric should know that such metal items were made for centuries, historically they were not called bikinis, rather, they were called chastity belts, or so I have read?

best

Rod

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors