Website Updated and Comments Needed

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My webmaster has been doing a much needed update to the website. One area I would like to add is for comments/testimonials from students or clients. I will only use comments that give me permission to attach their name. I greatly appreciate any comments that may come forth. Making new friends (students and clients) has been one of the most rewarding aspects of engraving. Beats standing out in a wheat field all alone. Send the comments through the contact at the website www.lgartistry.com. Thank you.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beats standing out in a wheat field all alone.

I don't know... I did some of my best thinking out on the tractor or combine. I miss those days.

You should have your webmaster person change the caption on that one photo from "Schutzen Style" to "Creedmoor Style". That's the position that feller is in:

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I have some comments for you but it's probably nothing you'd want to have in print. Just kidding!!

While I've never been a student in one of your classes, I consider myself a student each time I study your fantastic engraving, and you can tell the world that.

~Sam

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc, good reminder. You told me that earlier and I'll pass it along. Well Sam, what can I say except to admit that I try to steal as many ideas from your engravings as possible.

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Lee

The web page really looks outstanding, very professional.

However when I tried to order your DVD and Book, (before I noticed you are not taking orders yet).

Paypal wanted to charge me $1004.00, It looks like a great book but.

I realize this has to be a mistake, just though I would bring this to your attention.

Keep us posted when they will be available.

Have you thought about autographed copies of the book (If you do put me down).

Kenneth Crutcher

walrafen

Ken- Lee's WebMaster here... I had to figure out some way to disable the PayPal code without totally removing it everywhere in Lee's code. So I plugged in $999 as the cost of everything figuring that any clients would naturally balk at paying that much and NOT push the complete transaction button inside PayPal. I've been told I'm not the sharpest tool in the box so there may have been a better way to prevent premature orders. Take care- Verne

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think the $999 special is the "buy it now" button and I'd be happy to throw in a signature and suggest that my next grandchild be named after you.

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
The page counter on the bottom seems broken, and anyway I don't see any reason to display a page counter; I think you can remove it.

With paypal, you have to log into your merchant account, click the merchant services tab, and go to the create buttons section. Either edit a saved button or create a new one with Add to Cart or Buy Now. Then copy the code and paste it into your site.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee,

I do want your book and DVD combo just as soon as it is ready to ship, and may even drive out to Utah to collect it, if that is what it takes, then we could polish up a good rendition of "Cool, Clear, Water" for the next sing-along?

I am sure those of us who have had the privilege of spending some time with Lee will agree, that he is an all round great human being with qualities that extend beyond his stunning art and engraving work. His website gives a fine overview of the range of Lee's output, I enjoyed giving it another look justnow .... excellent, and with yet more examples in Roger B's wonderful new book unveiled last January in Reno.

Remember my pipe dream, Lee, about you leading a small group of engravers round the museums of Europe, sketch pads in hand, while you chatted to us about composition in front of some great paintings? You said sure, if you did not have to tend the home front and the farm.

Well if that day ever comes, count me in!

best

Rod

Last edited:

Sponsors