airamp

Elite Cafe Member
Hi,

Well the old standard "gold" is... A troy oz. (31Grams/oz not 28) of gold is 20 pennyweights silver price is the price of 1 pennyweight of gold...

So If gold is $1500/oz than silver should be 1/20 or $75.00 a oz. (gold standard).

It is still a bargain??

I still remember when the Hunt brothers used there silver holdings to distract the stock market so they could dump there garbage stocks in the late 70's.

In the late 70'S when silver hit $50/oz .

$1,000.00 of bulk silver U.S. coins was worth $27,000.00, according to the stock market and the Wall Street Journal.

Unfortunately now this is a real market and silver is still underpriced is seems at 45/oz.

Platinum, and Palladium market is also going up..

(Really all strategic metals are going up).

Biggest problem is if you triple keystone your items you can easily price yourself out of the market in this economy.

Keep your silver U.S.A. coinage… It may be a huge asset in the near future.
AirAmp

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yesterday close had the $1000 bulk silver (old coin) bags at $32,096. We'll all be making jewelry out of this soon.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I've added a spot gold & silver widget to the right sidebar for all you gold and silver watchers :)

BJREBUCK

I used to collect the 1 oz rounds from the various smelters. "silver stake mines" etc. I never sold any as I thought of it as an investment. I quit buying it
when it hit $14 an oz. I thought the price was outrageous. My average price paid is $7.25/oz. I wonder though if the devaluation of the dollar is more the
cause of the high price. There seems to more produced every year, it's not like it's a scarce commodity.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, Thanks for the gold/sliver price widget! Now I don't have to go to Kitco.com to look it up, I can just stay happily on the Engraver's Cafe!!!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
thank god i began hoarding copper ! i can get good stock at scrap prices. i forsee when that will become my new gold & silver.

Latest posts

Sponsors