Announcement: 2011 Engrave-In dates, JUne 7-8-9

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Let Scott know if you can make this years engrave-in...
Seeya there,
Got some shrimp and some gator for Scott or Jim Hall to cook with some cat fish...
Jerry

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The ever-indulgent wife did some financial trickery and we do get to go again this year! :banana:

See you all there!:happyvise:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We are getting ready for the Engrave-In, working on a IronClad to sink with the cannon we are shooting on Wednesday morning.

Gonna be a lot of fun, gonna be a lot of learning. Let me know if you are coming

Attachments

• ironC2.jpg
    ironC2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 69
  • ironC1.jpg
    ironC1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 64

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
I sure hope that ironclad is a lot easier to hit than those glass balls were with a MACHINE GUN last year....hahahhaaha

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Being somewhat new to the cafe, I have only heard a little about the engrave-in. What does it cost to go, where do we sleep, and what are the directions to the land of scrolls? :thinking: :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
If we didn't have a show to work we'd be there for sure. It's definitely a lot of fun. I mean where else can you find a party that has engraving, music, BBQ, shrimp, liquor, and machine guns?! :cool:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Attention All Ye Engraving Fans, Be ye Beginners, Masters, Patrons, Journeymen, Authors or Wives, Spouses and SOs of the Preceeding

Spouses and or significant others are also welcome. Kids, dogs and horses are also welcome. If you don’t have a dog or a horse we will loan you one. I expect we will have engraving systems from GRS, Ngraver, and Lindsay set up for people to try. I will have some of my engraved items that I have collected from around the world on display for discussion as well as scroll samples from various art forms. We will have smoked dinner on the grounds for lunch on Monday and that’s worth coming for believe me. If you want to bring something to eat that’s fine, or just bring yourself that’s fine too.
Sunday evening we will have a bonfire complete with pickin’ and grinnin’. Supper will also be served in between gabbing and singing. Kids and the young at heart can cook hotdogs and s’mores over the fire, while we will enjoy shrimp, salads and other assorted fixin’s for the those not wanting to get quite so smoky.

Somewhere along in here, we will enjoy Jim Hall’s great smoked meat and fixins. Jim is a heck of a craftsman, a fine cook and an aspiring engraver. Many of you met him last year. The final fabulous seminar of the day is still hidden behind door Number Three. I have several possible things in the works. We just have to see what falls together as we get a little closer.

Of course, there will lots of unstructured time to mingle, ask questions and try techniques. BRING YOUR STUFF, bring your tools, bring your work, bring your questions… BRING YOUR BENCH if you want . I would love to have 3 or 4 benches set up besides mine and Ray’s . This is an Engrave-In…. so bring your stuff to engrave if you can.

pics from last year are here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=a5a59ce66b

Some beautiful views here as well, a 10 minute walk will bring you the bluffs on our property, where you can see some 70 mile vistas. We have a newly dug pond that we can offer some fishing or swimming in for those inclined. Another bonus, if you want to try a world class airgun or two, we can let you give that a whirl as well.

For the wives in attendance, maybe Rhonda will consider new applicants for WOSEM, Wives Of Self-Employed Men, a club she formed some years ago when three of us guys, a wood carver, a knifemaker and myself, all went into the backyard to work everyday while the wives all drove an hour to work each day. Of course, Rhonda has long since joined the self-employed category, but believe me she still has much to say in this regard, especially on the male side….

Now I do need folks to start RSVPing to my e-mail, my first name at pilkguns dot com or you can PM off the Engraver’s Café.

Campers, both tents and motorhomes are welcome to stay at our place.

DONATIONS/AUCTION ITEMS
JJ Roberts class (either a normal week or one day of personal tutoring)
Lindsay Sharpening system
American Engrvers 21rst Century
bring your own items for the silent auction

VOLUNTEERS,
Yes we will accept slave labor for those that want come on Sunday Monday. We may need weedeating, brush moving, sign posting, sign painting, tent erection, or ????? I need to know you are coming, and what your work limitations are and we will try to make sure you are put to good use and fed something nutritious.

HOTELS all are roughly the same distance away
American Eagle, many people stay here 931) 924-8880 . If you come spend Saturday night there is a huge flea market across the stree from here on Sunday morning
Days Inn 931) 924-2900
Regency Inn, the lowest rates (931) 924-2221
Smokehouse Best Western (931) 924-2268

Do you have GPS coordinates

To the center of his roof:
35"15'47.16N
85"47'53.36W

Campgrounds
Smokehouse (931) 924-2268
Laurel Trails(931) 588-2584

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The above message has the days of the week from the previous Engrave-In's.

To directly answer Ed's questions: There is no admission charge. There are motels nearby in Monteagle, TN or you can camp out on Scott's property. Monteagle is on top of a mountain on interstate 24 between Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee.

RB

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks, Roger, I have been PMing with Scott, so I already got the info, but I appreciate the attempt to clear things up and make my life more enjoyable! :biggrin:

leschowe

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Scott,
I have one quick question. I am a little confused, you said the engrave-in was scheduled for Tues, Wed, and Thur but in the post above you refer to Sun, and Monday? Is Sun and Mon for setup?

Les Schowe

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes, the Sunday and Monday would be for setup. Our first official function will be dinner and singing on Tuesday night, but I would be suprised if there is not quite a crowd by noon on tuesday

Latest posts

Sponsors