Announcement: 2011 Engrave-In dates, JUne 7-8-9

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
Is anyone planning to be driving from the Engrave-In to Atlanta on Thursday June 9th? With me potentially flying into one airport and out of another, a rental car would be complicated, so I'm looking to hitch a ride. Please let me know! Thanks!

-Katherine

Abigail

Administrator
Scott,
I'm starting to get paranoid. Are you doing this on purpose? These dates never work for us. I think we are always in Vegas.
Did I eat too much last time? Was it that my shoes looked funny? Maybe you were missing some chickens when we left?
Seriously, we had a great time when we were able to come and hope that we can make it again! I'm sure you will have another successful engrave-in and I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Abigail!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
For the record we didn't steal any of Scott's chickens. When we got home we did discovered some chickens roosting in our truck, but don't know where they came from.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Since inception, these dates for the Engrave-In have never worked for our family schedule. This year is no exception, but it should start to work out soon. Sorry I won't make it this year---Disney World was already booked and paid for......rats! (no pun, but I'm wondering if anyone will get that)

Last edited:

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Wish all ya'll could make it this year, Got Shrimp and a little Gator meat...
Gonna be a Great time...
Jerry and Joan

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We givethemthere chikins as door prizes, yall mustabeen the grand winner that year.
seriously, next year we are coordinating schedules so the Alfanos can be in attendance!

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I guess its time to start adding names to this, please RSVP with me so we get a headcount for food and cannonball shells

Paul and Gloria Hamler
Tim Adlam
Jerry
Jim Hall
Adoplh Speigehalter
Katherine Plumer
CJ Allan
Joseph
Jerry and Joan Seymour
Don Cowles
Jim Small
Tom Little
Kurt Horvath
Norman Griffits
Fred Marrinan
Tom Baldwin
Les Schowe
Wilson Manceaux
Al Frisillo
Simon Lytton
Roger Bleile
Ron Landis
Steve Lindsay
Loyd McConnell

Last edited:

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Received a package from Jessie Hanley of casting of pocket watches and other misc items for the Auction at the engrave-in...
Jessie and Josiah Hanley can't make it this year, but sent some very nice casting...
Ya'll gonna like these...

Jerry and Joan

If you have some items for the auction now would be a great time to list them...
Great deals last year...

Sandra Brady

I've been trying to make since it's inception too, This year was the year! But now with it before the show,instead of after....I am crying!...
Have a great time everyone!

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Engrave-In

This years event starts on Tuesday afternoon the 7th and will go through noon on Thursday the 9th.

Events at this years Engrave-In, the only definitely set in stone is on Wednesday Morning, the 8th. It is

Cannon shooting, We will have 6 pounder cannon firing at re-creation of a Civil War Ironclad, floating in the pond. We’re gonna sink that sucker!

Book Signing, Roger Bleile will be selling and signing copies of his new book, American Engravers, the 21rst Century. If you don’t have a copy, it’s a great chance to buy one and get signatures, if you do have a copy it’s a great chance to bring it and get signatures.

Joe Rundell, arguably one of the most talented engravers in America today, (and the only man to ever have a centerfold worthy of my attention) will cover many engraving technques including some new ones he has learned dealing with ivory carving and inlay.

Tim Adlam another top engraver will talking about metal preparation prior to engraving. What do you do when someone hands you a gun and says I want it engraved. How do you get the old blue off, the old pits gone, and new shine on the metal? Tim will cover it all with some help from his friends

English Scroll, The proper way to learn to cut English is to learn it from master of it with a proper British accent. Simon Lytton qualifies on both counts and will do us all an education with his insights and skills

Ahhhh Italy, Why they don’t have meatballs and Italian dressing. Roger Bleile and Scott Pilkington will do a slide show presentation of their visit this past March with engravers and engraving schools in both Germany and Italy, and discuss some of the difference between the two countries styles and why they differ from American styles and methods.

Auction, yes we are having another great silent auction, that was cool and a lot of neat stuff. bring your unwanted goodies from home

We will also discuss the wrights and rongs of stealing chickens from your hosts and transporting them across state line to be consumed by Cajuns culinarists

Picking and Grinning, and as needed and necessary in between eating and engraving gabbing.

Please RSVP with me so we can get a proper headcount for food. Lots of smoked meat coming from Jim Hal’ls smoker, great eats from Rhonda, Joan, Sandra, Gloria and the other great ladies, I hear rumors about catfish, fresh shrimp and fresher alligator.

Yes, every one is welcome,

Last edited:

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Scott.I Will Be There Or Be Square. I Will Be Bringing A Friend, Not My Wife. He's Just A Good Friend That I Ride Harleys With. Were Going To The Blade Show. I'll Be Sure To Bring Ear Plugs This Year

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
So are you gonna float the Virginia, the Monitor, or both?
Would like to attend, but not going to be this year... Have a great time, and post the pics!
Gary

Latest posts

Sponsors