Lady's Brass Ring Box:

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I pretty much have finished working on the lid to this box. Now I've decided to work on the bottom half of the round ring box for a while. The box is about 2 3/4 inches in diameter. I stole the leaf pattern from the kind Mr. Bergling. (Hope he won't mind.) I cut the basic outline and now I've begun to relieve the background. The leaf band is about 7/8 inch wide, and just shy of 9 inches in circumference. I'm not sure how deep the relief is, but probably not much more than .005. It's still in the rough as I will have to decide if I want a stippled finish or possibly a Florintine type of finish.

Pictured alongside the box is my "Humanic" background removal tool. I have an unlimited supply of blood and muscle powering this unit. ;~) Actually it's a tool I made years ago from a .090 thick industrial reciprocal cutoff saw blade. Works like a champ.

Ring Box 2.jpg Ring Box 1.jpg

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Yes Dave, I'll have it in tow. Don't know if it will be finished. I don't work on it real steady like I should. I've been trying to work up a pattern for my USFA Colt (clone). I'm not very good at designing scroll work and may just bring it down with me hoping Mr. Ken and you can give me some pointers.

Sponsors