Richard Nixon’s Gold-inlaid Browning 12-gauge Automatic Shotgun

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The descriptions says:

The story of this milestone legendary shotgun is well known. Originally intended for presentation to President Nixon in 1970 by Senator Bennett, who would in turn give it to the Smithsonian for permanent residency with the John M. Browning Memorial. Ultimately, Nixon declined the presentation and the gun was returned to Browning Arms. The gun resided in the Browning archive vaults for 15 years and in 1985, Browning gave the gun to the National Shooting Sports Foundation for display and promotional use.

So... it was never actually owned by Nixon.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
That lettering looks terrible,are US presidents still given presentation firearms? J.J.

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc Martin, It is totally irrelevant to collectors that the Nixon gun was never owned by Nixon look at what the "Czar Nicholas" Parker sold for because someone thinks they remember someone might have ordered a gun for the Czar maybe if they remember right

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc Martin, It is totally irrelevant to collectors that the Nixon gun was never owned by Nixon look at what the "Czar Nicholas" Parker sold for because someone thinks they remember someone might have ordered a gun for the Czar maybe if they remember right

Sheesh! In that case... why not just come out with a whole line of Celebrity, Presidential and Royalty guns? Maybe engrave a nice Winchester for the Queen of England and when she doesn't accept it... sell it as such anyway.

Some of them might be a tough sell though depending on the particular gun. (Nancy Pelosi's Colt SAA, Rosie O'donnell's 1873 Winchester, Dianne Feinstein's assault rifle...) :shock:

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
(Nancy Pelosi's Colt SAA, Rosie O'donnell's 1873 Winchester, Dianne Feinstein's assault rifle...)

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is very funny but I think that what "Commemoratives" are unless of course there was a séance with Bill Cody or Billy the Kid-Fred

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
that was great, DakotaDoc!

the whole idea of "1 of 1000" Winchesters, etc., etc., etc., just leaves me shaking my head. my favorite was the commemorative Remchester i saw at a show, still shrink-wrapped in its gaily decorated commemorative box. i always hoped somebody had replaced the original piece inside with some rusted POS and re-shrink-wrapped it. i believe it was W.C. Fields who said, "It is morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money."

Latest posts

Sponsors