Question: I'm not sure if this scope is a meiji...

Jacko

So my boss wants to buy a meiji scope, and the sales rep from our tool suplier knows very little about them. He has what he thinks is a used one for sale, but I'm not convinced it is. I can't find a maker or model number on it anywhere. It has the GRS stand for sure, but it looks like any scope could be put in it. How do I tell it is not some chinese knock off?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i don't have one, but i think the genuine meiji would likely have a logo or name either engraved or somehow etched on the scope body. just my personal thought.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Meiji scopes GRS sell do have nice, large logo labels on them - see here

Could still be one of theirs without the logo though - click here for the Meiji website so you can browse through their scopes to see if you see the one from your rep.

cwbyengraver

For what its it worth. Meiji is very proud of there products all of the meiji scopes I have seen have a depression on the top side of the scope where the label sits. all of the nock-offs I have seen dont have that depression. plus I dont see any reason why someone would peel the label off they are stuck on very good the label and the label has number stamped into it.

Latest posts

Sponsors