Critique Request 3/4 sterling silver buckle set

scroughstock

I like this quite a bit Shawn. I can't produce anything near this quality, but I am curious why you have a couple of overlapping scrolls? I think it would be even more outstanding with out the overlaps. That's just my opinion, but I'm just a rookie and may be talkin' out of turn.

Last edited:

Bradstreet

Thanks for asking and your not talkn' out of turn. I did that to give a more natural feel to the scrolls, not all scroll grow beside each other some are overlapping some are intertwined. But thats just me as i'm new to scrolls. Thanks again

Zhyyra

Elite Cafe Member
Love the square and rectangular flowers.
Scrolls that overlap and intertwine have an intrinsic beauty to them apart from a scroll on it's own due to their compound mathematics but, it has to be done with finesse in order to bring that out. If the scrolls are cut and pieces thrown away at irregular or abrupt intersections you can end up with something less than appealing.
Zy

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
Shawn~ I like this too. I like the shape. Can't offer a true critique on the engraving without seeing a close up. I do like how you continue to explore your natural talent and are not afraid to engrave what you see in your minds eye.

Greg

Latest posts

Sponsors