Announcement: Pledge Membership

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Become a Pledge Member and show your support for the Cafe. Donations help to cover operating costs and upgrades and help keep this a free resource for hand engravers worldwide. Of course this is voluntary. :)
Pledge Membership also allows you to list items in our Buy & Sell forum. All members may post replies, but if you want to start a thread and list an item, Pledge Membership is a requirement.

Donations are made securely through PayPal in a few easy steps.

1.) Click on your profile on the right top of the page.

account_upgrades-1.jpg

2.) Click on ACCOUNT UPGRADES.
3.) Choose your Pledge Member donation.

account_upgrades-2.jpg

That's it! Thank you for your donation. Your Pledge Membership is greatly appreciated!

THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR PLEDGE MEMBERSHIP. Please don't ask.

NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE: IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL ANY RECURRING PAYMENTS THAT YOU NO LONGER WISH TO MAKE, AND BEFORE THEY OCCUR. You may do this through your PayPal account.

NOTE: All pledge payments are made without any promise, undertaking or agreement to receive any goods and services in return and are made by the contributor’s own free will without a promise or expectation of any physical or intangible entitlement or benefit.

Last edited:

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, I'm trying to get this to work for a donation. When I follow the instructions nothing happens.
Thanks, Glenn

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam,
It appears that all options are for a recurring subscription rather than a single donation. Perhaps you can add a "one-time" donation option where a person can insert their own amount whenever the urge grabs them. Many don't like things that renew automatically instead of manually.

Sam

Staff member
It's my understanding that it's relatively easy to cancel if you wish. If that's not the case let me know and maybe I can do it on my end. I don't want it to be a hassle for anyone.

Over the years we have had dozens of folks offer donations to help with forum expenses. Until this last expensive upgrade and relocation, we have politely declined as it wasn't necessary.

I've tried to set it up as I've seen on other forums, and that is to give a little special recognition and thanks by placing Pledge Member under the member's name. The forum's software automatically adds this when a donation is made. The donation 'expires' in one year (or 6 months in the case of a $15 donation). Hopefully members will donate again to support the forum. If they don't wish to they can cancel, decline, or do whatever. I'll be happy to refund any donation made in error or if someone changes their mind. Any amount can be done as a one-time donation to my email address. Unfortunately this won't automate the Pledge Member special recognition under the member name. That may or may not be important to some people. Personally, I think it's a nice way to show support. :)

I'm new at this so bear with me, and Abigail and I greatly appreciate the great show of support that we've gotten so far. Cafe members have really stepped up to the plate and things are looking great!

~Sam

soj

Sam, not trying to be a pain, but, can you take a payment any other way? I am having a long running battle with Paypal and cannot support you that way. I'd love to help, just let me know how to do that. Thanks

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's my understanding that it's relatively easy to cancel if you wish. If that's not the case let me know and maybe I can do it on my end. I don't want it to be a hassle for anyone.

It's easy to manage that. Go into your PayPal account, click on the My Account tab, then Profile and More Options. Under My Profile, click on My Money and then on the Update next to My preapproved payments. You can modify or cancel subscriptions in there.

Joe

I have gotten so much benefit from this forum for several years now. I have always marveled at the generosity of our benevolent dictator, and I am now greatful for the opportuity to count myself a part of the support structure of this forum. I'm privelidged and honored to help.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
ok, I finally got around to taking care of that, whew! (No, I don't want to use my bank account. yes, I'm sure. yes, i realize the advantages of using a bank acct. no, i still don't want to. yes, i'm sure i want to use my credit card. yes, really, really, sure.... JUST PROCESS THE &*%$#& PAYMENT ALREADY!!!!!) Seeing as how I was one of the guys encouraging you to accept donations & advertising to fund this site I figured I should. I appreciate this resource and also try to help as many people who have questions about stuff as often as possible to help earn my keep, as it were.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Sam, I want to pledge some money from my PayPal account but PayPal wants to take the money from my bank account to pay you by eCheque. Any idea why this is? I would like to contribute but I'd rather they didn't take money from my bank when I have money in PayPal, in the past I've taken my business elsewhere when online vendors do this so is there any way I can donate by a straight forward PayPal transaction?

Scratchmo

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sam, It won't take my money. I deposited to my paypal account a few days ago, I'm using my correct password, but it won't accept it through paypal for some reason.

Sam

Staff member
Thanks for the effort, Ron. Not sure what to advise as it sounds like a paypal problem. Nothing on this end has changed. :thinking:

Scratchmo

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
It worked that time. I guess I didn't wait long enough for my deposit to be credited. I've just got some practice blanks to sell if I ever get around to listing them. If not, I still wanted to donate to the cause. This is a great service you do for the engraving community Sam!

durgaprasadzone

I also Thanks for the hardwork & sharing the information above. Its very important to me. I will be a regular visitor to this page.

Latest posts

Sponsors