Announcement: Pledge Membership

Sailor_Orbit

Hi,
I would like to post a want to buy post, do I need to become a pledge member in order to do so?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi,
I would like to post a want to buy post, do I need to become a pledge member in order to do so?

Anyone can reply to a thread, but if you want to start a thread in the Buy & Sell forum pledge membership is required.

Sailor_Orbit

Is there any way to start a thread without having to pay money? I understand for selling, but I am really looking for second hand ball vise, shelves, carbide bits, anything to do the set up for a reasonable price. So really I am looking to purchase. Same rule applies?

Sam

Staff member
Is there any way to start a thread without having to pay money? I understand for selling, but I am really looking for second hand ball vise, shelves, carbide bits, anything to do the set up for a reasonable price. So really I am looking to purchase. Same rule applies?

The same rule applies. For less than the price of a couple of gravers you can support the Cafe and start a thread in the Buy & Sell forum.

rossm10

Sam,

When I log in it says thank you for logging in rossm10 but I can't get anywhere after that?? I would like to get a pledge membership and I will donate some money but every time I try to do something it kicks me back to the login page????????

Sam

Staff member
Sam,

When I log in it says thank you for logging in rossm10 but I can't get anywhere after that?? I would like to get a pledge membership and I will donate some money but every time I try to do something it kicks me back to the login page????????

Not sure what to advise. It sounds like a browser problem. Try using a different browser, delete cookies, etc.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just do it!

Time again to remind those people who like to glean free information from this website and advertise their wares yet don't reach deeply into their pockets to fund it... NOW is the time to do it! No excuses... JUST DO IT! :eek:

wdale.bass

I lurk on here all the time so figured it was time to pony up a little support, Thanks Sam & everybody on the site that help us poor lost souls find the technics and advice we desperately need.

Jahn Baker

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, Due to complications with Paypal it has taken me almost a year to make a donation and become a pledge member. I finally connected with someone at Paypal who could actually think outside the box and come up with a work-around. Hallelujah! Just goes to show that perseverance furthers.

dboles

Hello,
Could someone tell me how to pledge to the café? I am fairly new and will keep trying, but would like to be a help with what I can. I have a small shop at home and can make things for people, to help them. Like pitch bowls, cups for ball vises, pins for your vises, ETC. I am just getting started and their have been people help give me advise, send me a graver tool, and I'd like to be apart in some way to help out. just see bio if in need, this is not a sales pitch! Could half way be a friend request, that would be welcome as well as help learning. I am just now to the point I need gravers and things, and advise(help) would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all very much
David

Kevin Scott

Elite Cafe Member
It's easy to manage that. Go into your PayPal account, click on the My Account tab, then Profile and More Options. Under My Profile, click on My Money and then on the Update next to My preapproved payments. You can modify or cancel subscriptions in there.

Recently I got a email from PayPal that I had a recurring payment to Sam Alfano coming up in a couple days. Was not sure if I had to do something for the payment to be made, or it would be made automatically, unless I took some action to cancel it.

Followed Doc's clear instructions in post #9 of this thread, and figured I did not have to do anything to make the auto payment occur. But saw another company that I bought one thing from, and they were on my auto payment list also, but at $0. Followed Doc's instructions, and cancelled that auto payment. It was very easy to do.

PalPay promptly notified me by email that I canceled that auto payment.

Then a couple days later Paypal notified me that I made a auto payment to Sam Alfano.

So from my experience, you have nothing to worry about concerning the auto payment system. You get a couple days notice, and if you want to cancel or change an auto payment, it is easy, and PayPal notifies you that it is done.

kuzcokelly

I'm sorry but we are only setup to accept PayPal payments. :(

Sam, I was under the impression that once an account was established it would auto renew every year. I haven't been on in a few months dealing with the death of my 17 month old son and I seem to have lost the ability to post a wanted add on the buy and sell forum. IS there any way to check the status of my account to see if it renewed or I need to take care of that to continue to try to help support the group best I can? Thank you sir.. Kelly

tolesh

Sam I can't access the buy and sell forum. I am a pledge member according to my paypal, account you got paid april 6 what is wrong?

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam I can't access the buy and sell forum. I am a pledge member according to my paypal, account you got paid april 6 what is wrong?
I think account issues should be taken up privately on a one on one basis, contact him

GunEngraver.com Guns, Knives & More

Pop

Can I become pledge member and not donate. Am not engraver but inherited lots equipment, graver max, ball, hand pieces, micros ion, and lots more. What to do with it?

Latest posts

Sponsors