is there any progress ???

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Not so long ago I did my first bright cut practice.
Here is my second one (not finished), I see a little progress do you???
My wriggling really sucks and I should improve that.
Now I have to fill up the corners, what is the best way to do that.
Is there a method for that???
Another question, do you always have to brightcut with a flat?? I rather prefer an wide shaped 120 degree.
What''s wrong with using that??

Willem

Attachments

• First try.jpg
    First try.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 108
  • second bright cut.jpg
    second bright cut.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 125

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
They look good to me Willem :)
You can bright cut with anything..so long as the tools sharp & the undertip that contacts the metal is mirror polished :thumbs up:

TyG

Elite Cafe Member
Looks real nice Willem. if you were to work within a border, you would be able to define the area to be filled with your cuts.

You could do the areas by adding another scroll from the existing one or by having a new scroll come from under one of the leaves and looking like it came from under the flower.

I notice you do not put a cut in to define the tops of your leaves within the scroll. Is this intentional? Most bright cutters put a cut on the tops of their leaves to define the top roll of your liner. Ty

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Willem, I see it looks like your taking some ques from Shawn.The copper piece shows better form in your scrolls.There is no rule that says you have to use a flat tool but you do have the advantage of using both corners in forming the cuts with the heel being the deciding factor in how bright the cuts are.Keep cutting until you are able to control the tool without slipping,Lets see some more.

Last edited:

Peter_M

Elite Cafe Member
That is starting to come along very nice Willem.
I suppose you could use a 120 º graver for the brightcut, I tried that one but preferred a flat, I think I can get nicer cuts with it.

Peter

Zhyyra

Elite Cafe Member
The brightness does show up better on the copper. You might want to fill the voids with more leaves coming from under the flowers and creeping out into the corners. This would accentuate the flowers.

Latest posts

Sponsors