Flask pics

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
These are snapshots with my Coolpix camera just after preforming leak test.Critiques welcome.

Attachments

• DSCN1441.jpg
    DSCN1441.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 613
  • DSCN1443.jpg
    DSCN1443.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 607

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
That flask is out of sight. How did you keep it from denting when you cut it? How many hours do you have into it? Super work!

Harpuahound

Elite Cafe Member
Wowsers! What a beauty. I have no intrest in flasks. But I see a piece of work like that and think "I should start carrying a flask"

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You just have to see Dave's flask to fully appreciate it. It is a knockout! I can just imagine some cattle baron pulling out that flask while riding the stagecoach from Abline to Dodge City.

RB

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fantastic!!!!!!! Just the fabrication alone is worth all of my respect. Thanks for sharing!

jr hoot gibson

Elite Cafe Member
When Dave showed the flask it was empty..can you imagine bringing an empty flask into a room full of cowboy engravers? You really have to handle his work to appreciate how deep he cuts with a push burin that looks like a large file with a face and belly on the end.
Hoot

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Photos don't do it justice. You have to see it and feel it to appreciate the craftsmanship and its amazing weight. In fact, I had to ask if it it was full because it's such a hefty chunk of silver. The engraving is beautiful and I had trouble giving it back! Thanks for posting the pics, Dave. A real masterpiece :beerchug:

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Dave, you took these pictures after you made sure it wasn't leak proof? Wow your good because my pictures would be so blurry from all the wobbling!!!!
You know I think its SUPER FANTASTIC, I don't have to tell you that.

Was wondering what grade silver,and solder.Is there criteria to make it "food safe"?

I will volunteer myself to make sure its food safe!!!! :beerchug:

Latest posts

Sponsors