Fantastic Compressor

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
I have a 5hp Ingersol with an 80 gallon tank. When using it with my GMax, it will kick on about every 5 minutes and run for 5 minutes before it cuts off, so they really suck up the air.

:eek: What use is that?!

I only have a 6 gallon tank.. would last half/full day with constant use with a pc.
You either got a leak or the GMAX sucks :shock:

Tighten the screw under the tank ;)

If yours is anything like mine..when you overtighten the screw on the tank it starts opening again..

You definately have something abnormal there.

Last edited:

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Plenty of air

I use a small DeWalt 3 gallon compressor that has no problems at all keeping up with my GraverMax SC and Ultra 850 rotary tool (which is a real air hog for sure). I put it in the basement and turn it on and off with a Long Ranger remote control switch. The remote control is attached to the arm of my GRS Acrobat microscope stand.

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Dkanger,
You have to have a leak somewhere.When I had my old gravermax with my 80gallon tank it was closer to an hour of cutting before the compressor ran. More than 1/2 hour with the heavier handpiece. I had the same problem and had the foot pedal rebuilt and it solved the problem.

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
I have a GMC compressor and like it, but found that it is to loud to have in the same room like I did my sil-air(this is judged upon my noise toleration, yours may vary). However I like the the higher air output and non oil contamination, so I put the compressor outside of the studio and plumbed air in. Now I can hardly hear it, so that is nice. I have run the compressor for about 5 months and it has held up well. Brian

Hello Brian,

It was great seeing you at Reno, thanks for the encouragement. Looked at your web site, good job on that and the pictures of your great engraving. Lets see----
what else-----------
T

o yah Topic

Where did I put that?

OK here it is
I put my compressor out back also.
My air compressor is real quiet, it is in a wood box in the garage 30' from the house-shop. It's a large one so it useful for large air automotive tools, just have to open the box up so it cools when working in the garage. The power switch is in the house-shop so it remote.

I started out with a gravermeister , now that was noisy, it never shut off!

Did I

ever

tell you

about

the

:big grin:

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
I use a small DeWalt 3 gallon compressor that has no problems at all keeping up with my GraverMax SC and Ultra 850 rotary tool (which is a real air hog for sure). I put it in the basement and turn it on and off with a Long Ranger remote control switch. The remote control is attached to the arm of my GRS Acrobat microscope stand.

Doc, how far does your remote work from, looks like something I could use if it reaches far enough.

Mark, good to visit with you in Reno, keep up the great work man

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc, how far does your remote work from, looks like something I could use if it reaches far enough.

I've never tried it to see how far but the company that makes them (PSI Woodworking) says "over 50 feet". The 110v model will handle up to a 1 1/2 HP motor (20A). The 220v model will handle up to 2 1/2 HP and 20A. (I've seen another brand where the 220v model handles up to 3 HP).

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Humm
Bottom line is clean dry air, this requires the right filters depending on your system and location i.e state , country etc. The level noise is your choice:beat up:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Actually, going back to the OP, check out the All-Power Quiet-Zone APC4406.

In the same ballpark of price and noise rating of 60db:

•4.6 Gallon aluminum twin tank
•3.5 peak HP, 2.5 rated
•Oil-less for less maintenance
•Thermal overload protection for safety
•5.2 CFM at 40 PSI
•4.2 CFM at 90 PSI

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
TBH. the only problem i see is that they also have bigger syclone compressors for about the same price.

Other than that this thread has been real informative and has helped me a ton.

BINGO!!! Same price, same motor and over twice the capacity. Swap out the muffler with a quieter one and run the unit on top of some acoustic foam and this would probably do pretty well inside of an apartment/condo.

http://www.everyaircompressor.com/GMC-Power-Equipment-SYCLONE-6310-GMC1002.html?cv=

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors