Design book update

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
These are few pages from the upcoming book and the flyer that was at the show. I and others put in a lot of late hours to be able to have this available for viewing at the show. The content, with very minor corrections, is ready for printing. The paper quality will be upgraded. I am working out the details and project a date of April 1 (yes I know April fools). When I have the pricing and availability details I will make an announcement on this forum as well as other places.

I want everyone to know that this book contains what I believe to be valuable principles that will help engravers raise the odds of coming up with solid designs. They are not rules but principles or guidelines. They are the basics that will prepare one for a more advanced study of art and design. There is no preaching or philosophy, simply art and design fundamentals. We can do the world problem solving over a glass of milk and donut at another time. I appreciate the interest. I will be at the upcoming NY custon knife show with a copy.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Lee: I'm really sorry, but those attachments are really huge and I'm already exceeding both disk and bandwidth allowances with my hosting company. In fact, this month's hosting fee was almost doubled because of it. :( If a few hundred people download them...well...you know!

Would you mind hosting these from your website and linking directly to them? I'd appreciate it and it'd be a big help.

Thank you Lee!

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam I understand. I am a bit familiar with pencils but this computer band width thing is one of the deep dark mysteries of the universe. One of the helpful souls on this forum has sent me a pm offering help. I may not be smart enough to use him but we'll try. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If it'll help Sam, I had saved those files to look at later (my wife want's the computer) and I could put them up on my Pbase page and link from there. With Lee's permission it wouldn't take more than a few minutes to upload them to there and he'd be back in business. Lemme know.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tim, that would be great..I think, since I have no idea what you are talking about but I trust you. Boy is that going out on a limb.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just tried it and it will only let me post photos and not pdf files. I jumped the gun so to speak. Meanwhile, I'll try something else and get back unless some other helpful soul beats me to it.

Right now I have to bail my jeweler out and engrave a knife for him, when I finish I'll come up for air and look into this more deeply and solve it.

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
If anyone can send me these files, I can host them. No problems.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
And as I told Lee earlier, I have unlimited bandwidth and storage so I can also host them easily.

Tim if you have someplace you can put them temporarily then Vilts or I (or both) can get them up for wide availability. I mentioned the YouSendIt service to Lee - it's for transferring very large files and I've used it before. Free for occasional use.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I mentioned the YouSendIt service to Lee - it's for transferring very large files and I've used it before. Free for occasional use.

Another good one is Rapidshare.com. It's always free for large file transfers. My son and I use it quite often to share HD home videos.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee sent me some PDF pages and some lower-resolution JPGs.

Here are the links the PDF files. They are larger (but not too huge) so if you're on a slow or data-limited connection you might want to wait:

Overview

Page 20

Page 29

Page 57

Page 61

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
The previews are looking really good and i would like to have an exemplar.
But how can i get one of it - living in Germany?

mrthe

wow look very good ! when is ready i would one signed ;) (i`m living in spain i hope this will possible )

zmankay

Great Examples!

Lee, the examples shown illustrate that your book is another excellent learning tool. Per my earlier email, put me on your order list. Great job. Jim