Critique Request Titanium Dragon Ring

Harpuahound

Elite Cafe Member
I just completed this piece for practice. I used Native American motif as inspiration for design. The titanium was a little tough but very capable. C&C welcome.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's COOL Johnny! I like the style very much. Sort of a northwest indian or even Maori look to it.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if really liking this is a critique, then that's about all i can say

Andrew Biggs

Hi Johnny

I like the idea of your ring with the North American Indian designs.

As you can see, and have demonstrated, they can be adapted for engraving purposes. The scroll tail is a nice touch and can be developed a lot further.

Start playing with the designs more and bend the figures to your imagination and you will find that a certain artistic style can start developing that is truly unique.

If you look at the latest featured photo on the GRS site here You will notice that Jake Newell has incorporated an African border around the picture of the lion.

It's nice to see these tribal/cultural designs being adapted to engraving and adding some extra artistic value to the work.

Keep developing it and see what you can come up with :)

Cheers
Andrew

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Johnny I like the design very much and also that it's in Ti - "pop engraving". It makes a nice canvas for lots of possibilities.
Kevin P.

Harpuahound

Elite Cafe Member
@Andy I used Black Antiquing (from stuller)

@Andrew Thanks for the advice and the original inspiration to try something out of the ordinary.

Sponsors